Chris Tsai’s practice covers mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity, as well as antitrust and non-performing loans. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Mr. Tsai worked as an analyst at Concord Venture Capital Co., Ltd and as a credit analyst at the Taipei branch of Banque Nationale de Paris. He passed both the Taiwan Bar examination and the judiciary qualification examination in 1999.
Mr. Tsai focuses his practice on joint venture and M&A work, as well as general corporate advice. He has considerable experience advising on several transactions of non-performing loan sales in Taiwan.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised GE Capital in acquiring shares in an optical products company.
- Advised L'Oreal S.A. on its acquisition of majority — and subsequently all — shares in a Taiwan cosmetics and retail company.
- Advised Optimum Media Direction in its acquisition of a Taiwanese advertising agency company.
- Advised Ferrosan A/S for the Taiwan portion in its acquisition of Bionax Holdings Pte Ltd.
- Advised Ashland Inc. on merger control issues for its sale of certain assets in Taiwan.
- Advised Chang Hwa Bank, Grand Commercial Bank, Ta Chong Commercial Bank, Hua Nan Commercial Bank, Land Bank of Taiwan and EnTie Commercial Bank in the sale of its non performing loans.
- Advised Mega Assets Management Co., Ltd. and in their bid for certain non-performing loans.
- Advising Nikko Cordial Securities Inc. in its acquisition of shares of Prime Asia Securities Co., Ltd.
- Advising eBay Inc. in its joint venture project with PChome Co., Ltd. in Taiwan.
- Advised Yahoo! in its acquisition of Wretch Co., Ltd.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Taipei Bar Association
- Taipei~Taiwan (2001)
- Soochow University (LL.M.) (2001)
- Cornell University (M.B.A.) (1994)
- National Taiwan University (B.S. Engineering) (1989)