Jaime Trujillo Caicedo
For over 25 years, Jaime Trujillo has advised clients on transactional matters, including mergers & acquisitions and private equity deals, in both public and private acquisitions and divestitures.
He was the Acting Global Chair of Baker McKenzie in 2018 and 2019. He was a member of the Firm's Global Executive Committee from 2017 to 2021, the chair of the Firm's Financial Committee and the Latin America region, and the former Managing Partner in Colombia. Between 2013 and 2016, Jaime was the leader of Baker McKenzie's Latin America Mergers & Acquisitions/Private Equity Practice Group.
Representative Legal Matters
Acted for Brookfield Asset Management in its acquisition of Electrificadora de Boyacá S.A.
Acted for Brookfield Asset Management in its acquisition of Vanti (Gas Natural Colombia).
Acted for Ecopetrol S.A. in its acquisition of a majority stake in Interconexión Eléctrica S.A. (ISA).
Advised the Peruvian government on the privatization of its telecommunication companies, the Nicaraguan government on the privatization of its power generation and distribution companies, and the Colombian government on the privatization of power generation assets.
Acted for Brookfield Asset Management in the creation of a Colombian infrastructure private equity fund.
Acted for Enbridge International Inc. in the divestment of Enbridge's indirect 24.7 percent stake in Oleoducto Central S.A.
Acted for Public Sector Pension Investment Board in its investment in a Colombian private equity fund (Fondo de Capital Privado Fondo Inmobiliario Colombia) that invests primarily in real estate assets.
Acted for SHV Holdings N.V. in its acquisition of the 43.54 percent not yet owned stake in Makro Colombia, a cash and carry wholesaler in Colombia.
Acted for BOC Holdings in the sale of its 73.95 percent stake in Gases Industriales de Colombia S.A. (Cryogas) to Indura S.A.
Acted for Martinair Holland N.V. and other shareholders of Tampa Cargo S.A., a Colombian air cargo company, in the sale of the company to Avianca, the Colombian flagship carrier.
- Leading lawyer, Corporate and M&A, Legal 500, 2013-2021
- Band 1, Corporate/M&A, Chambers Global, 2011-2017
- Band 1, Corporate/M&A, Chambers Latin America, 2009-2017
- Colombia (1988)
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M. International Business Law) (1994)
- Universidad de los Andes (J.D.) (1988)
Firm Committee Memberships
- Interim Global President of Baker McKenzie (2018/2019)
- Member of the Firm's Global Executive Committee (2017-2021)
- Chair of the Firm's Financial Committee and the Latin America region, and the former (2017-2021)
- Managing Partner in Colombia (2010-2017)
- Leader of Baker McKenzie's Latin America Mergers & Acquisitions/Private Equity Practice Group (2013-2016)