Jaime Trujillo is the chair of the Latin America region and a member of the Firm's Global Executive Committee. Previously, he was the managing partner at Baker McKenzie in Colombia and the head of the office's Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group. Between 2013 and 2016, Jaime was the leader of Baker McKenzie's Latin America Mergers & Acquisitions/Private Equity Practice Group.
He joined Baker McKenzie Colombia in 1985 as a law clerk. In 1997, he was appointed partner and in 2000 was designated a principal in the Firm. Jaime has been consecutively ranked as a Band 1 lawyer by Chambers & Partners Latin America since the inception of these rankings in 2009, and by Chambers & Partners Global since 2011.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for BellSouth International in its acquisition of Celumovil and Cocelco.
- Advised the Peruvian government on the privatization of its media companies, the Nicaraguan government on the privatization of its power generation and distribution companies, and the Colombian government on the privatization of power generation assets.
- Acted for Brookfield Asset Management in the creation of a Colombian infrastructure private equity fund.
- Acted for Enbridge International Inc. in the divestment of Enbridge's indirect 24.7 percent stake in Oleoducto Central S.A.
- Acted for Public Sector Pension Investment Board in its investment in a Colombian private equity fund (Fondo de Capital Privado Fondo Inmobiliario Colombia) that invests primarily in real estate assets.
- Acted for SHV Holdings N.V. in its acquisition of the 43.54 percent not yet owned stake in Makro Colombia, a cash and carry wholesaler in Colombia.
- Acted for BOC Holdings in the sale of its 73.95 percent stake in Gases Industriales de Colombia S.A. (Cryogas) to Indura S.A.
- Acted for Martinair Holland N.V. and other shareholders of Tampa Cargo S.A., a Colombian air cargo company, in the sale of the company to Avianca, the Colombian flagship carrier.
- Band 1, Corporate/M&A, Chambers Global, 2011-2015
- Band 1, Corporate/M&A, Chambers Latin America, 2009-2017
- Leading lawyer, Corporate and M&A, Legal 500, 2013
- Colombia (1988)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M. International Business Law) (1994)
- University de Los Andes (J.D.) (1988)