Matthias Trautmann is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group in Zurich. Prior to joining the Firm as an associate in 2014, he worked as a law clerk at a Zurich-based business law firm, and as an assistant lecturer and research assistant at the chair for private and commercial law of Prof. Dr. Hans Caspar von der Crone at the Faculty of Law of the University of Zurich. Matthias graduated from the University of Zurich in 2010 and obtained a PhD in Law (Dr. iur.) from the University of Zurich in 2016 for his thesis on certain forms of capital increases. He was admitted to the Zurich bar in 2013.
Dr. Trautmann advises multinational and domestic clients on M&A transactions, corporate reorganizations, general corporate and commercial law matters as well as on banking and finance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Credit Suisse AG as arranger, agent and security agent in connection with a USD44 million export credit facility for the financing of trains to be exported to an Eastern European state owned railway company. The financing was secured through a train pledge and insured by the Swiss Export Risk Insurance (SERV).
- Advised domestic and foreign companies on the acquisition of shares in Swiss companies.
- Counseled multinational companies on the reorganization of their group structure.
- Advised a global pharmaceutical company in a corporate reorganization and cross-border sale transaction.
- Assisted international companies in connection with their global spin-off of their business operations.
- Advised an international technology company on the setup of a Swiss based joint venture.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- Switzerland (2013)
- University of Zurich (Dr. iur.) (2016)
- University of Zurich (lic. iur.) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.