Marina Tokunova is a Legal Director in the Tax Practice Group of Baker McKenzie, based in Amsterdam. Marina is experienced in tax advice on M&A transactions and complex corporate reorganizations and is listed in leading directories.
Marina Tokunova was a Partner in Baker McKenzie's Tax Practice Group in Moscow before joining the Amsterdam office. Marina Tokunova is a member of the Firm's Global Reorganizations Group and a member of our EMEA Tax Planning and Transactions Steering Committee.
Marina Tokunova's practice focuses on tax advice for cross-border M&A and private equity transactions, joint ventures, carve-outs and restructurings. She provides pre- and post-transaction tax structuring advice, tax due diligence, negotiates tax clauses in transactional documents, advises on post-acquisition integration as well as on application of tax conduct provisions. Marina Tokunova frequently advises clients in the healthcare, industrial, manufacturing and transportation (IMT), and technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) sectors. Marina also provides international tax advice, advice on complex group reorganizations and supply chain structures, as well as indirect tax advice.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a global pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical company in connection with the exercising of the buy-out in the joint venture
- Advised Bristol-Myers Squibb Company on the tax aspects of post-acquisition integration following the global merger with Celgene
- Advised LVMH on tax consequences of the cross-border acquisition of the luxury travel and hospitality group of companies
- Advised Abbott Laboratories on its acquisitions, including tax due diligence, transaction planning and tax advice on transactional documents
- Advised a leading international pharmaceutical company on tax matters with regard to its transformational corporate reorganization and post-acquisition integration of a business line and a distribution model
- Provided tax advice for an international group of software companies in connection with the sale of the subsidiary to a third-party investor
- Advised one of the world’s leading container shipping lines on the restructuring of its business
- Advised one of the global agriculture companies on restructuring of its business operations
- Advised on supply chain structuring for an expensive gene therapy medication for minor patients
- Advised on Central Asia tax matters, including litigation in Uzbekistan and in the Kyrgyz Republic and tax advice on a M&A deal in Tajikistan.
- Russia (2011)
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) (Diploma International Financial Reporting - ACCA DipIFR-RUS) (2016)
- New York University School of Law (LL.M. in International Taxation) (2015)
- Higher School of Economics (Law Degree) (2011)
- Higher School of Economics (Economics Degree with Honours) (2003)