Xiao Hui is a Principal in the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group in the Singapore office. Her main area of practice is corporate transactions, focusing on domestic and cross-border multijurisdictional mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate restructurings. She also advises on general corporate and commercial matters. She acts for privately held corporates and private equity firms across a broad spectrum of industries.
Xiao Hui is recognised as one of Singapore's most influential lawyers aged 40 and under by Singapore Business Review, 2020. A client commended: "Xiao Hui Ting is able to attain a holistic understanding of various matters at hand, give her point of view and the relevant legal implications succinctly, and provide commercially sensible action items to help serve her clients’ best interests. She is a dealmaker, not a deal breaker, and that is exactly what we need as clients that live off M&A.", Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised two major private equity firms on their proposed divestment by way of a competitive auction process of one of their portfolio companies, a leading regional provider of premium serviced office workspaces.
- Advised Danish consulting engineer Ramboll Group A/S on the acquisition of Web Structures Pte. Ltd., a Singapore target company with operations in Singapore, Malaysia PRC and UK, and which specialises in design and engineering services for high-rise buildings.
- Advised LafargeHolcim on the disposal of its 80.6 percent interest in Holcim Indonesia to Semen Indonesia, for an enterprise value of USD 1.75 billion on a 100 percent basis.
- Advised Julius Baer Group Ltd (JBG) on the commercial terms of its joint venture with Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) for the setup and operation of private wealth management businesses in Singapore and Thailand.
- Advised EQT Greater China II Limited and Management on the sale through an auction process of 100 percent of the equity of Klassisk Investment Limited and the Classic Fine Food Group of Companies (across 14 countries) to the Metro Group for an enterprise value of USD 290 million plus earnout of up to USD 38 million (awarded Singapore Venture Capital Association PE deal of the year 2016, nominated for Asian Venture Capital Journal Mid-Market Exit of the Year 2015, and shortlisted for the ALB Southeast Asia Law Awards 2016 “M&A Deal of the Year (Midsize)”), having advised EQT on the original acquisition in December 2010.
- Advised Temasek Holdings Pte. Ltd. on its acquisition of exchangeable rights issued by Prime Star Investment Pte. Ltd. (wholly owned subsidiary of PT Multipolar Tbk), which are exchangeable for 26.1 percent of the share capital of PT Matahari Putra Prima Tbk for USD 300 million.
- Advised Hong Kong-based Park Hotel Group on their divestment of Park Hotel Clarke Quay to Ascendas for SGD 300 million, which won the Best Exit of the Year at the REIW Asia 2013 Awards for Excellence.
- Advising as lead counsels to one of the largest companies listed on the Singapore Exchange and an integrated engineering group specialising in the aerospace, electronics, land systems and marine sectors, on its global legal entity rationalisation plan spanning across US, UK and Asia Pacific.
- Advised DuPont on the Singapore aspects of its merger with Dow Chemical Corp and the restructuring of DowDupont into three separately listed entities. The transaction was nominated for "M&A Deal of the Year (Premium)" at the ALB SE Asia Law Awards 2018 in Singapore.
- Advised as Singapore counsels to Baxter Corporation’s spin-off of its biopharmaceutical treatments into Baxalta Incorporated, and the subsequent post-acquisition integration of Shire plc and Baxalta Incorporated. The project involved approximately 70 jurisdictions with the implementation of the post-acquisition integration spanning two years.
- Singapore (2009)
- National University of Singapore (2009)