Amy advises on a wide variety of employee tax matters relating to employee share incentives (including tax-advantaged awards), executive remuneration and the impact of corporate transactions. Amy assists UK and multinational companies with the drafting, implementation, review and administration of their broad-based and discretionary share plans in the UK and abroad. She also advises private and public clients on EBTs, malus and clawback, intra-group recharge policies and shareholding requirements.
Having spent time as an associate in South Africa, Amy also has experience in advising clients on multi-jurisdictional corporate projects and share plans.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising two FTSE 100 listed companies with the implementation and administration of their global share plans operated across several jurisdictions.
- Advising clients on ad hoc employee taxation queries.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of South Africa - Member
- SharePlan Lawyers Group - Member
- ProShare - Member
- Global Equity Organisation - Member
- ESOP Centre - Member
- South Africa (2020)
- University of Cape Town (LLB) (2017)
- University of Cape Town (BA, History & Law) (2015)
- Co-author, "United Kingdom: Scrapping the Bankers Bonus Cap - the PRA and FCA launch a Joint Consultation Process," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 29 December 2022
- Co-author, "United Kingdom: Further tax changes announced in the Autumn Statement," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 22 November 2022
- Co-author, "United Kingdom: HMRC has published revised guidance on the exercise of a discretion for EMI options," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 25 October 2022
- Co-author, "United Kingdom: New Chancellor reverses many of the Mini-Budget's tax measures," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 20 October 2022