Lizette Téllez-de la Vega is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Tax Practice Group in Mexico City. She joined the Firm in 2008. Ms. Téllez-de la Vega regularly advises and assists clients in tax audits and tax planning opportunities arising from internal restructuring. She also advises software companies, international banks, leading manufacturers of audio, video, communications, and information technology products as well as high-net-worth individuals on tax issues.She has provided pro bono advice for Un Techo Para Mi País (A Roof for My Country) Mexico, a Latin American non-profit organization that mobilizes youth volunteers to eradicate extreme poverty that affects more than 80 million people in the region.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised high-net-worth individuals for purposes of implementing tax efficient portfolios.
- Advised international banks on investments carried out by Mexican individuals.
- Counseled non-profit organizations for purposes of obtaining the authorized-donee status.
- Advised software companies on the distribution of their main products in Mexico.
- Successfully represented an important record label before the Mexican courts.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Fiscal Association - Member
- Mexico (2008)
- Institute de Empresa (Certificate Business Administration) (2015)
- Northwestern University School of Law (Master of Laws LL.M.) (2015)
- Escuela Libre de Derecho (Bachelor's Degree Law) (2010)
- Georgetown University Law Center (Legal English Course) (2010)
- University of Cambridge (Certificate English) (2003)
Author, "Implicaciones fiscales para mexicanos con cuentas en el extranjero" (Tax implications deriving for Mexicans that held foreign accounts), Forbes México, November 2015
Author, "Casinos, Fine Art and Attorneys: The New Anti-Money Laundering Frontier in Mexico," US-Mexico Compliance Quarterly Newsletter, Winter 2015
Speaker, Latin American Tax Conference, Baker McKenzie, Miami, Florida, February 2016
Speaker, Wealth Management Annual Tax & Trust Conference 2015, Baker McKenzie's Tax Practice Group, London, UK, October 2015
Speaker, Global Tax Planning and Controversy Half-day Workshop for Multinationals – a Focus on Mexico and International Spin-offs, Baker McKenzie, Miami, Florida, September 2015