Lizette Téllez-de la Vega is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Tax Practice Group in Mexico City. She joined the Firm in 2008. Ms. Téllez-de la Vega regularly advises and assists clients in tax audits and tax planning opportunities arising from internal restructuring. She also advises software companies, international banks, leading manufacturers of audio, video, communications, and information technology products as well as high-net-worth individuals on tax issues.She has provided pro bono advice for Un Techo Para Mi País (A Roof for My Country) Mexico, a Latin American non-profit organization that mobilizes youth volunteers to eradicate extreme poverty that affects more than 80 million people in the region.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised high-net-worth individuals for purposes of implementing tax efficient portfolios.
- Advised international banks on investments carried out by Mexican individuals.
- Counseled non-profit organizations for purposes of obtaining the authorized-donee status.
- Advised software companies on the distribution of their main products in Mexico.
- Successfully represented an important record label before the Mexican courts.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Fiscal Association - Member
- Mexico (2008)
- Institute de Empresa (Certificate Business Administration) (2015)
- Northwestern University School of Law (Master of Laws LL.M.) (2015)
- Escuela Libre de Derecho (Bachelor's Degree Law) (2010)
- Georgetown University Law Center (Legal English Course) (2010)
- University of Cambridge (Certificate English) (2003)