Ryosuke Tateishi is a partner of the Tokyo Corporate/M&A and Dispute Resolution groups. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Ryosuke worked for Sumitomo Corporation. He is a member of the Daini Tokyo Bar Association and has been a METI-registered management consultant since 2003.
Ryosuke focuses his practice on general corporate law matters, and specializes in assisting domestic and overseas companies in health care-related industries — including the pharmaceutical, medical device and food industries — with compliance under the Pharmaceutical Affairs Act, the Food Hygiene Act, the Anti-monopoly Act and the Act against Unjustifiable Premiums and Misleading Representations, among others. Ryosuke also provides anti-bribery policy compliance assistance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a US medical device manufacturer with dispute resolution and compliance, including anti-bribery policy compliance.
- Assisted a UK pharmaceutical company in establishing a compliance program concerning off-label information disclosure.
- Assisted a US pharmaceutical company in establishing a compliance program concerning advertising, including disease awareness activities.
- Assisted a US pharmaceutical company in conducting a "deep dive" compliance audit.
- Provided legal advice and assisted pharmaceutical companies and medical device companies in license agreements and strategic alliance transactions.
- Provided legal advice to a US medical device company regarding a product liability dispute.
- Provided legal advice to pharmaceutical companies and medical device companies regarding compliance with the Clinical Research Act.
- Assisted a number of pharmaceutical companies in reviewing promotional materials and provided instruction and advice about the implementation of sales information provision activities as an external member of the Pharmaceutical Company Review and Supervisory Committee.
- Assisted a domestic energy company, an electrical appliance company and a trading house in establishing anti-bribery policy compliance programs and provided anti-bribery training.
- Represented an investment company and a bank in litigation concerning derivative products.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Daini Tokyo Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York~United States (2015)
- Japan (2008)
- University of California at Los Angeles (LL.M.) (2014)
- Waseda University (J.D.) (2007)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.) (1998)
- Author, "Impact of "Guidelines about Sales Information Provision Activities" on pharmaceutical companies", PHARMSTAGE, Technical Information Institute, April 2020
- Co-author "Explanation about Foreign Bribery Guidance", Monthly Audit, Japan Audit & Supervisory Board Members Association, No. 663, February 2017
- Co-author, "Trend enforcement by US, UK and China authority and necessary compliance procedure," Business Law Journal, LexisNexis, November 2015
- Co-author, "World Legal & Business Guide No. 12 Philippines," Business Law Journal, LexisNexis, March 2012
- Co-author, "Legal and tax practices on conducting business in Asia - from business start-up to expansion and withdrawal," Chuokeizai-sha, August 2011, Language: Japanese
- Co-author, "UK Bribery Act," Business Law Journal, LexisNexis, August 2011