Ryosuke Tateishi is a member of the Tokyo Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions and Dispute Resolution groups. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Mr. Tateishi worked for Sumitomo Corporation. He is a member of the Daini Tokyo Bar Association and has been a METI registered management consultant since 2003.
Mr. Tateishi focuses his practice on general corporate law matters, especially compliance assistance to health care industries including pharmaceutical, medical devices and food industries in terms of the Pharmaceutical Affairs Act, the Food Hygiene Act, the Anti-monopoly Act, the Act Against Unfair Representation, among others, as well as compliance assistance on anti-bribery policy to domestic and foreign companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a US medical devices manufacturer in terms of dispute resolution and compliance including anti-bribery.
- Assisted a UK pharmaceutical company in establishing a compliance program concerning off-label information disclosure.
- Assisted a US pharmaceutical company in establishing a compliance program concerning advertisement including regarding disease awareness.
- Assisted a US pharmaceutical company in conducting a "deep dive" compliance audit.
- Provided legal advice and assisted pharmaceutical companies and medical device companies in license agreements and strategic alliance transactions.
- Provided legal advice to a US medical device company regarding product liability dispute.
- Assisted a domestic energy company, an electric company and a trade house in establishing a compliance program concerning anti-bribery and provide anti-bribery training.
- Represented an investment company and a bank in litigation concerning derivative products.
- Represented a domestic wholesale company in establishing a joint venture company in Vietnam.
- Represented a Japanese illumination company in establishing a joint venture company in Japan.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- METI - Registered Management Consultant
- Dai-Ni Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2015)
- Japan (2008)
- University of California at Los Angeles (LL.M.) (2014)
- Waseda University (J.D.) (2007)
- Tokyo University (LL.B.) (1998)
Co-author, "Trend enforcement by US, UK and China authority and necessary compliance procedure," Business Law Journal, LexisNexis, November 2015
Co-author, "World Legal & Business Guide No. 12 Philippines," Business Law Journal, LexisNexis, March 2012
Co-author, "Legal and tax practices on conducting business in Asia - from business start-up to expansion and withdrawal," Chuokeizai-sha, August 2011, Language: Japanese
Co-author, "UK Bribery Act," Business Law Journal, LexisNexis, August 2011