Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise)
Ryosuke Tateishi is a member of the Tokyo Corporate/M&A and Dispute Resolution Groups. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Ryosuke worked for Sumitomo Corporation. He is a member of the Daini Tokyo Bar Association and has been a METI-registered management consultant since 2003.
Ryosuke focuses his practice on general corporate law matters, and specializes in assisting domestic and overseas companies in healthcare-related industries — including the pharmaceutical, medical device and food industries — with compliance under the Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices Act, the Food Hygiene Act, the Food Labelling Act, the Anti-monopoly Act and the Act against Unjustifiable Premiums and Misleading Representations, among others. Ryosuke also provides anti-bribery policy compliance assistance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a multinational pharmaceutical company in connection with supply of COVID 19-related products to Japan.
- Assisted a US biopharmaceutical company in collaboration project for development and commercialization of Alzheimer-related products.
- Assisted a regenerative medical products manufacturer in establishing and implementing compliance program.
- Provided legal and compliance support for companies developing robotic technologies in healthcare industry.
- Provided legal and compliance support for technology companies and medical device companies in connection with development and supply of wearable devices and relevant healthcare software.
- Assisted a US medical device manufacturer with dispute resolution, crisis management, internal investigation and compliance, including anti-bribery policy compliance.
- Assisted a UK pharmaceutical company in establishing a compliance program concerning off-label information disclosure.
- Assisted a US pharmaceutical company in establishing a compliance program concerning advertising, including disease awareness activities.
- Assisted a US pharmaceutical company in conducting a "deep dive" compliance audit.
- Provided legal advice and assisted a number of pharmaceutical companies and medical device companies in license agreements and collaboration transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Daini Tokyo Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York~United States (2015)
- Japan (2008)
- University of California at Los Angeles (LL.M.) (2014)
- Waseda University (J.D.) (2007)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.) (1998)
- Author, "Legal issues arising out of treatment of PHR (Personal Health Record)", PHARMSTAGE, Technical Information Institute, February 2023, Language: Japanese
- Speaker, "Consideration about treatment of Software as Medical Device and legal advice for resolving obstacles", Presentation, Science & Technology Co.,Ltd., December 2022
- Speaker, "Major compliance issues in pharmaceutical industry", Presentation, Japanese Institute for Public Engagement, November 2022
- Co-author, "Key legal issues for starting business in digital health market" - “Digital Health in 5G Era” Technical Information Institute Co., Ltd., September 2022, Language: Japanese
- Speaker, "Assessment as to whether healthcare software is treated as medical device (SaMD) and strategy for responding to regulations under the Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices Act and the Act against Unjustifiable Premiums and Misleading Representations", Presentation, Science & Technology Co.,Ltd., May 2022
- Speaker, "Legal considerations for commercializing digital health products," Presentation, Johokiko Co., Ltd., February 2022
- Author, "Legal Mind November 2021," Japan Pharmaceutical Industry Legal Affairs Association Journal, November 2021
- Speaker, "Legal considerations for commercializing digital health products," Japan Pharmaceutical Industry Legal Affairs Association monthly meeting, September 2021
- Co-author, "Product Liability Issues for Companies Supplying Medical Supplies during COVID-19 crisis: Overview of European and US Legislation" Chuokeizai-sha (Emergency Information Website), May 2020, Language: Japanese
- Author, "Impact of "Guidelines about Sales Information Provision Activities," on pharmaceutical companies", PHARMSTAGE, Technical Information Institute, April 2020
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.