Florian Tannen is a partner in the Munich office of Baker McKenzie. He advises on all areas of contentious and non-contentious information technology law, including internet, computer/software and data privacy law. He also has profound experience in the drafting and negotiation of outsourcing and IP-project (in particular SAP-implementations) contracts. Before joining the Firm, Florian worked for two major law firms and a large US-based technology company.
Florian focuses his practice on information technology law, including internet (e-commerce and m-commerce), computer/software and data privacy law. He also advises on matters relating to intellectual property, unfair competition, compliance and general contract law. Florian is proficient in drafting and negotiating outsourcing contracts as well as carrying out complex IT projects such as SAP implementations.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Florian assisted companies on the following matters.
- Advised a global chemical company on a major outsourcing project.
- Advised several national and international clients on SAP implementation projects (buyer-side).
- Advised an international client on several outsourcing projects (vendor-side).
- Represented several clients in proceedings before data protection authorities.
- Advised a global technology company in the implementation of a global data protection structure.
- Represented several clients before German Regional and Higher Regional Courts in connection with e-commerce and data protection driven unfair competition actions.
- Germany (2011)
- Higher Regional Court of Munich (Part II Exams) (2010)
- Higher Regional Court of Munich (Assessor Exam) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.