Florian Tannen is a partner in the Munich office of Baker McKenzie. He advises on all areas of contentious and non-contentious information technology law, including internet, computer/software and data privacy law. He also has profound experience in the drafting and negotiation of outsourcing and IP-project (in particular SAP-implementations) contracts. Before joining the Firm, Florian worked for two major law firms and a large US-based technology company.
Florian focuses his practice on information technology law, including internet (e-commerce and m-commerce), computer/software and data privacy law. He also advises on matters relating to intellectual property, unfair competition, compliance and general contract law. Florian is proficient in drafting and negotiating outsourcing contracts as well as carrying out complex IT projects such as SAP implementations.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Florian assisted companies on the following matters.
- Advised a global chemical company on a major outsourcing project.
- Advised several national and international clients on SAP implementation projects (buyer-side).
- Advised an international client on several outsourcing projects (vendor-side).
- Represented several clients in proceedings before data protection authorities.
- Advised a global technology company in the implementation of a global data protection structure.
- Represented several clients before German Regional and Higher Regional Courts in connection with e-commerce and data protection driven unfair competition actions.
- Best Lawyer in Germany for Data Security and Privacy Law, Best Lawyers 2021
- Best Lawyer in Germany for Information Technology Law, Best Lawyers 2021
- Next generation partners in information technology: data protection, Legal 500 Europe 2021
- Top IT-lawyers 2019, Wirtschaftswoche
- Rising Star in TMT, IFLR Europe 2019
- Germany (2011)
- Higher Regional Court of Munich (Part II Exams) (2010)
- Higher Regional Court of Munich (Assessor Exam) (2010)
- Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (2008)
- Co-author (with Julia Kaufmann, Michael Schmidl, Michaela Nebel, Holger Lutz), "Another Million Euro Fine under the GDPR in Germany - What does it tell us?," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 16 October 2020
- Co-author (with Elisabeth Dehareng, Lukas Feiler, Francesca Gaudino, Julia Kaufmann, Holger Lutz, Michaela Nebel, Michael Schmidl, Magdalena Kogut-Czarkowska, Joanna De Fonseka, Benjamin Slinn), "Europe: Guidelines on the concepts of controller and processor in the GDPR," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 22 September 2020
- Co-author (with Michaela Nebel, Holger Lutz, Michael Schmidl, Julia Kaufmann, Nadine Neumeier), "Germany - Schrems II: Opinion of the European Data Protection Committee," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 24 July 2020
- Co-author (with Michael Schmidl, Julia Kaufmann, David Pfahler, Frank Pfüger, Holger Lutz, Michaela Nebel), "Germany: How to get Governmental Funding for Digital Health Apps?," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 23 July 2020
- Co-author (with Michael Schmidl, Julia Kaufmann, Holger Lutz, Michaela Nebel), "Germany: The decision of the German Federal Court of Justice on cookie consent - and further implications," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 9 July 2020
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.