Nicole J. S. Sudhindra is a member of the Firm’s Corporate and Securities and Mergers & Acquisitions practice groups. She has previously worked as a consultant for the World Intellectual Property Organization.
Ms. Sudhindra's practice focuses on mergers, acquisitions and global corporate restructurings. She represents companies in a broad range of corporate and transactional matters, including corporate governance issues and general corporate law matters. She has experience in cross-border and multi-jurisdictional transactions and integrations, including mergers, stock and asset acquisitions as well as post-acquisition integrations, pre-acquisition structurings, supply chain reorganizations and strategic tax structurings. Ms. Sudhindra's representation encompasses companies and transactions in multiple industries and includes the representation of both domestic and foreign jurisdictions.
She also assists clients with the formation and ongoing governance of foreign subsidiaries and advises on documenting intercompany transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in its separation and sale of assets in EMEA valued at approximately 287.5 million.
- Represented a US publicly-traded multinational pharmaceutical company in its post-acquisition integration valued at approximately USD 1 billion.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in two of its post-acquisition integrations including the transfer of shares, assets and employees.
- Represented an Indian conglomerate in its acquisition of IP assets.
- Represented a Europe-based global medical devices company on the separation and sale of one of its major business units in 25+ jurisdictions (USD 6.1 billion).
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in its entity rationalization in EMEA and LTA.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in a global restructuring including the formation of an Asian holding company.
- Represented a NASDAQ-listed company in the restructuring of its Canadian, French and UK sales structure.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in restructurings prior to a re-domestication from Switzerland to Ireland.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in the restructuring of its inter-company debt in Mexico.
- Texas Rising Stars, Super Lawyers Individual Awards, 2018-2020
- Texas~United States (2013)
- New York~United States (2012)
- New Jersey~United States (2010)
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., cum laude) (2010)
- Carnegie Mellon University (Master of Arts Management) (2004)
- Ball State University (B.S. Small Business and Entrepreneurship Management) (2001)
Speaker, “The Cutting Edge of the Practice,” Tomorrow’s Counsel: Strategies to Solve the Legal Challenges of the Future, sponsored by Baker McKenzie and the Association of Corporate Counsel, November 2017
Author, “Marvel’s Superhero Licensing,” WIPO Magazine, June 2012
Speaker, "WIPO Training of Trainers (TOT) Program on Intellectual Property Asset Management," Busteni, Romania, November 2011
Author, “Barbie and Bratz: the feud continues,” WIPO Magazine, April 2011
Co-author, “Making Intellectual Property Work for Business: A handbook for chambers of commerce and business associations setting up intellectual property services,” joint World Intellectual Property Organization and International Chamber of Commerce publication, 2011