Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the firm, Jeff handled the following matters:
Served as counsel for a Fortune 500 company in an ERISA class action involving thousands of participants in the company's 401k plan, resulting in the court awarding a fraction of the USD 600 million in damages sought after trial.
Secured summary judgment, which was affirmed on appeal by the Ninth Circuit, for a large financial institutions in an ERISA multi-plaintiff matter against several former executives.
Defended the managing partner of a large New York based insurance company in a defamation and unfair competition action that resulted in a complete victory after being tried.
Defended the biggest private employer in Philadelphia in a race discrimination case that ended in a complete defense verdict after being tried to a jury.
Achieved complete victory for an Ivy League University in a “tenure denial” matter in which a professor alleged gender discrimination.
Defeated repeated requests for emergency relief by the terminated CEO of a technology company.
Served as counsel for a financial services company in a defamation and wrongful termination matter by a former broker seeking USD 30 million in damages, resulting in a complete victory.
Represented a group of medical professionals in a wrongful termination matter brought by their former CEO and President, resulting in a complete victory.
Represented a Big Four accounting firm in a nationwide securities fraud class action.
- Pennsylvania~United States (2004)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania~United States
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut~United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit~United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit~United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit~United States
- Temple University Beasley School of Law (JD) (2004)
- Dickinson College (BA) (2001)
- Co-author, "EEOC Won't Budge on EEO-1 Pay Data Collection," Law360, July 20, 2016
- Speaker, "Independent Contractors and Joint Employment: Mitigating Risks for Employers," ACC Greater Philadelphia Employment & Labor Law CLE Institute, March 2017