Kathryn R. Strong is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate and Securities Practice Group in Chicago. Kathryn advises clients on transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, securities law compliance, disclosure issues, and corporate governance matters. Her experience includes representing buyers and sellers in a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactions, including public and private acquisitions, equity and debt offerings, joint ventures, corporate reorganizations, and other strategic transactions and investments.
Prior to joining the Firm, Kathryn was an associate editor of the Northwestern University Law Review, and served as a student law clerk to US District Judge Joan H. Lefkow of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a US based public pharmaceutical company in the USD 1.12 billion sale of a vascular closure device business to a non-US healthcare company.
- Represented a US based pharmaceutical and healthcare products company in the USD 5.3 billion sale of a portfolio of branded specialty and generic drugs in developed markets outside of the United States.
- Represented a US based public company in its acquisition of the pre-filled saline and heparin flush syringes business of a portfolio company of a healthcare private equity fund, along with the simultaneous sale of a portion of the acquired business to a third party.
- Represented Almirall, S.A., an MSE-listed Spanish pharmaceutical company, in its USD 400 million acquisition of Aqua Pharmaceuticals, a US branded generic prescription dermatology company.
- Represented Maxim Integrated Products in its USD 600 million tender offer and merger with Volterra Semiconductor.
- Represented a large multinational pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a global renal therapy business in over 25 countries.
- Represented Illinois Tool Works in the global separation of its industrial packaging business in 40 countries.
- Represented a middle market private equity fund in its acquisition of a leading North American automotive manufacturer.
- Ongoing representation of NYSE and NASDAQ listed clients related to SEC reporting and disclosure, including periodic and events-driven reporting, annual shareholder meeting process and proxy statement, Section 16 filings and trading window compliance, and general corporate governance matters.
- Represented a US based pharmaceutical and healthcare products company in connection with the underwritten public offering of shares acquired in connection with the sale of its branded specialty and generic drugs business (net proceeds valued at USD 2.35 billion).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Chicago Council on Global Affairs - Corporate Associate Young Professional
- Illinois~United States (2012)
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D.) (2012)
- Northwestern University (B.A. cum laude) (2008)