Kathryn R. Strong is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate and Securities Practice Group in Chicago.
Kathryn began her legal career as a summer associate in Baker McKenzie’s Chicago office, and has represented clients in numerous cross-border transactions, marshalling Baker McKenzie’s global resources to deliver seamless global solutions.
Prior to joining the firm, Kathryn was an associate editor of the Northwestern University Law Review, and served as a student law clerk to US District Judge Joan H. Lefkow of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Kathryn advises clients on transactional matters, with emphasis on cross-border acquisitions and divestitures, internal corporate restructurings, tax-efficient transactions, and other strategic transactions. Her experience includes representing domestic and non-US companies in their activities in the United States, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region.
As a seasoned Baker McKenzie attorney, Kathryn is experienced in leading diverse teams of attorneys on major projects, working with in-house legal departments and other third party advisors to achieve strategic objectives and meet critical project timelines. She also assists clients with obtaining commercially pragmatic legal advice for country-specific legal issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a domestic middle market private equity fund in its acquisition of a technology company with operations throughout Europe.
- Represented a US based public pharmaceutical company in the USD 1.12 billion sale of a vascular closure device business to a non-US healthcare company.
- Represented a US based pharmaceutical and healthcare products company in the USD 5.3 billion sale of a portfolio of branded specialty and generic drugs in over 20 developed markets outside of the United States.
- Represented a US based public company in its acquisition of the medical device business of a portfolio company of a healthcare private equity fund, along with the simultaneous sale of a portion of the acquired business to a third party.
- Represented a large multinational pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a global renal therapy business in over 25 countries.
- Represented Illinois Tool Works in the global separation of its industrial packaging business in 40 countries.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Chicago Council on Global Affairs - Corporate Associate Young Professional
- Illinois~United States
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law (J.D.)
- Northwestern University (B.A.)