Aimee Soodan has experience in all areas of employee benefits with a concentration in US and international executive and equity compensation. She is exceptionally well-versed with respect to the tax, legal and administrative aspects of global equity programs. Chambers USA notes, "her knowledge of global equity is absolutely incredible." Ms. Soodan is Director of the Global Equity Organization’s US Midwest Chapter and is actively involved in the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals.
Ms. Soodan regularly advises large multinational employers with respect to the global extension of their employee equity compensation programs, including the design, implementation, administration and ongoing tax and regulatory compliance of such programs. She represents some of the largest companies in the pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device industries. Ms. Soodan is also well-versed in international executive mobility, particularly in the taxation of equity compensation payable to globally mobile employees. She also designs, drafts and conducts US and international legal reviews of equity reimbursement agreements, change in control agreements and nonqualified deferred compensation, long-term incentive and employee stock purchase programs.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Baxter International on employee equity tax and regulatory considerations in over 50 countries in regard to the separation of its biopharmaceutical business from its medical products business to create a new, independent publicly traded company, Baxalta Incorporated.
- Advised a Fortune 100 company as to the tax and regulatory aspects of offering its US equity plan in over 70 countries.
- Advised a multinational construction company as to employment law issues related to the use of foreign payrolling companies to hire employees to work abroad.
- Advised a large multinational company as to compensation and benefit issues associated with redomesticating to Ireland.
- Assisted a Fortune Global 500 company with analyzing and addressing equity-related issues and action items associated with the spin-off of its pharmaceutical business.
- Recognized as "Up-and-Coming," Chambers USA, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Global Equity Organization - Director of U.S. Midwest Chapter
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals
- Chicago Bar Association
- John Marshall Law School - Adjunct Professor
- Illinois~United States (2007)
- Colorado~United States (1999)
- John Marshall Law School (LL.M.) (1999)
- John Marshall Law School (J.D.) (1999)
- University of New Mexico (B.A. Political Science) (1995)
- University of New Mexico (B.A. Communications) (1995)