K. Heidi Smucker
Heidi Smucker is an associate in Baker McKenzie's North America Antitrust and Competition Practice Group in Washington, DC. Having worked for the Federal Trade Commission, Heidi has gained knowledge from an insider’s perspective on a wide variety of antitrust matters, including mergers and acquisitions, HSR investigations, and second request compliance.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Heidi was a staff attorney at the Federal Trade Commission in the Bureau of Competition, where she worked on matters involving microprocessors, silicon technologies, and industrial chemicals and commodities.
During law school, Heidi served as Senior Articles Editor for the Administrative Law Review and competed in the International Trademark Association’s Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition. She also worked as a research assistant for Professor Elizabeth Earle Beske and spent a summer clerking for The Honorable Judge Tanya S. Chutkan in United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association – Antitrust Division
- Maryland~United States (2020)
- American University Washington College of Law (JD, cum laude) (2020)
- Emerson College (BS, with honors) (2011)
- Co-author, “Poaching Per Se,” ABA Section of Antitrust Law Perspectives in Antitrust, May 2020
- Author, “No Place Like Home: Defining HUD’s Role In The Affordable Housing Crisis,” Administrative Law Review, Vol. 71.3, Summer 2019