Ihor Siusel has more than 15 years of practical experience, 12 of which as a legal advisor in major local and international law firms where he consistently practiced law in dispute resolution, namely international and domestic arbitration, litigation, enforcement of court judgments and arbitral awards and bankruptcy law.
Mr. Siusel advises and represents local and foreign clients in commercial, real estate, construction, corporate, IP, tax, customs, labor, insurance, loan, maritime, aviation, telecom, product liability and bankruptcy disputes, including complex cross-border disputes. His clients span a number of industries including mining, oil and gas, steel production, food production, publishing, ship building, telecom, pharma, IT, construction, transport, agriculture, distribution and retail, insurance, banking and finance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented client in three litigation matters in Ukraine and in LCIA arbitration in respect of protection of client’s ownership right to shares and project realization on construction of one of the biggest business centers in Kyiv.
- Represented client in recognition and enforcement of an ICSID award against Ukraine.
- Represented client in the recognition and enforcement of a foreign arbitral award against a Ukrainian state-owned aircraft manufacturing company under a loan facility agreement.
- Represented a subsidiary of an international group engaged in wholesale pharmaceutical products in a number of commercial litigation matters with a local LLC on return of medication and collection of alleged damages.
- Represented one of the world’s leading marine services and oil and gas companies in civil, administrative and bankruptcy court cases with regard to the termination of contracts for supply of four barges and recovery of property, losses and damages.
- Represented a leading pharmaceutical company in the Baltic region and a major Italian pharmaceutical company in trademark litigation in Ukraine.
- Represented a multinational food production company in tax litigation.
- Represented a major Swiss producer of printing machines and equipment in the Ukrainian courts against a Ukrainian company on the basis of the Swiss law.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ukrainian Bar Association
- Ukrainian Arbitration Association
- Ukraine (2003)
- Institute of International Relations of Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University (2003)
- Institute of International Relations of Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University (1999)