Sam Schroeder helps businesses grow and manage their global operations, working with Baker McKenzie’s industry leading advisors across our 77 offices in 48 countries.
At Baker McKenzie, the original international law firm, we celebrate and depend on our diversity to think and act differently - so our clients can trust us to guide them through even the most transformational market conditions.
Drawing on the legal design and informatics expertise Sam honed at Stanford, he also helps discover, test, and roll out our latest tech tools, and steer the future of our technology and operations strategy as a member of our North America Transactional Innovation Committee.
Sam’s Canadian, which he likes to think means friendly, hardworking, and smart - and a proud husband and dad. He played and coached ultimate frisbee back when he was young and fun, and has won world and national championships in the United States, Canada, and Australia.
Sam’s admitted to practice law in California and Australia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California
- American Bar Association
- NSW Law Society
- California~United States
- High Court of Australia
- Supreme Court of New South Wales~Australia
- Stanford University (LLM Corporate Governance & Practice) (2015)
- University of Sydney (LLB) (2011)
- University of British Columbia (BA) (2006)
- Innovation Ambassador at the Baker McKenzie Americas Meeting Innovation Bar, Scottsdale, Arizona, February 2020
- Co-presenter, "Transaction Lifecycle Mapping," Transactional Innovation Group Associate Award at the Baker McKenzie Annual Meeting, London, England, October 2019
- Co-presenter, “International Corporate Transactions,” Stanford Law School, October 2016
- Author, “The X-Factors: What makes a contract not unjust?” Australian Law Journal, May 2014
- Author, “Indefeasibility and Forged Mortgages: The mortgage fraud epidemic spreads to Victoria,” Australian Law Journal, February 2012
Firm Committee Memberships
- North America Transactional Innovation Committee