Chris Saxon's practice includes large-scale M&A transactions across a range of sectors, notably energy (gas, electricity, renewable), infrastructure and mining.
Chris has more than 25 years' experience in infrastructure, resources and M&A transactions and has been consistently ranked as one of Australia’s foremost project and M&A lawyers.
Chris advises on government restructuring transactions and privatisations, and regularly advises governments on major trade sales, and contracting arrangements. He also advises on acquisitions of existing and the development of greenfields infrastructure projects across a range of sectors, notably energy (gas, electricity, renewable), mining, transport and social infrastructure.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting on all aspects of major privatisations and trade sales.
- Acting on the restructuring and re-negotiating of government contracts.
- Advising some of Australia's largest mining and energy business on multi-jurisdictional acquisitions and long-term leasing arrangements.
- Acting for the Federal and State Governments in energy privatisations of national importance.
- Acting on the sale of major Australian energy assets and distribution companies.
- Victoria~Australia (1988)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1987)
- New South Wales~Australia (1982)
- University of Sydney (LL.B.) (1981)
- University of Sydney (Bachelor of Economics) (1980)