Jorge Javier Salazar-Cebrián has 13 years of professional experience and is a partner of Baker McKenzie's Tax Practice Group. He joined the Firm in 2003. He is experienced in tax litigation, administrative, legal protection, and tax planning, since he has broad experience in the constitutionality of tax laws and taxpayers' defense against the actions of the tax authorities in the exercise of their review and enforcement powers.
Before joining the Firm, Mr. Salazar-Cebrián was an in-house lawyer in GNP (Grupo Nacional Provincial, S.A.) and as an auxiliary attorney for the Seventh Civil Judge in the State of Nuevo Leon.
Mr. Salazar Cebrián focuses his practice on fiscal and administrative litigation. He has participated in defending taxpayers against unconstitutional tax laws, as well as against the actions of the tax authorities in the exercise of their audit powers. In addition, he is knowledgeable about tax planning. He has provided professional services to multinational corporations, consolidated groups, and companies that are part of the manufacturing sector, automotive sector, minning sector, among others.
Representative Legal Matters
- Supported taxpayers in audits conducted by the tax and administrative authorities in all kind of taxes, as well as in the administrative procedures derived from tax refund requests.
- Participated in the defense of taxpayers against tax and/or fine assessments as well as the refusal of the tax and administrative authorities to refund them.
- Participated in the defense of taxpayers against the enforcement of unconstitutional tax laws.
- Participated in the representation of taxpayers in the requests of conclusive agreements with the Mexican Ombudsman.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Academia de Derecho Fiscal de Nuevo León, A.C. - Member
- Asociacion Nacional de Abogados de Empresa, A.C. (ANADE) - Member, Tax Committee
- Barra Mexicana de Abogados, Capitulo Nuevo Leon - Member, Tax Law Commission
- Foro de Especialistas Tributarios, A.C. - Member
- Mexico (2003)
- Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo Leon (Master's Degree Law) (2006)
- Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo Leon (Law Degree) (2003)