Jerzy Rostworowski is an advocate admitted to practice in Poland and a senior associate in the Banking and Finance Practice at Baker McKenzie in Warsaw.
He graduated from the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Jagiellonian University in Krakow in 2014, also completing a course in US law organised in cooperation with the Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law. In addition, he completed an international business and trade summer law programme organised by the above-mentioned universities. Prior to joining the Firm in 2022, Jerzy worked for almost nine years at the corporate departments and banking and finance practices of other law firms based in Cracow and Warsaw, including almost eight years at the Warsaw office of a renowned global law firm headquartered in New York and an independent Polish law firm founded by the partners of that global law firm following its withdrawal from Poland.
Jerzy is a transactional lawyer, combining in-depth financial, commercial, corporate and M&A knowledge. Throughout almost a decade of work, he has participated in numerous transactions, including some of the most prestigious and high-profile deals on the market. He has advised lenders and borrowers on domestic and cross-border financing deals, including leveraged acquisition finance, corporate finance and project finance, as well as complex refinancing transactions and structured finance deals.
He has also worked on public and private bond offerings as well as on restructuring and bankruptcy projects (both in-court and out-of-court). His experience also covers advising domestic and international companies and private equity funds on several complex M&A transactions (share and assets deals), including M&A deals involving public companies (in both transactional and corporate matters, as well as financial matters).
Representative Legal Matters
- Santander Bank Polska S.A. in connection with a PLN 5.3 billion (USD 1.25 billion) financing in connection with the tender offer launched by AccorInvest for 100% shares in Orbis (the largest CEE hotel chain).
- Polska Grupa Górnicza S.A. in connection with the restructuring of its bonds programme.
- The lenders on financing the USD 3.253 billion acquisition of Allegro, the largest online marketplace and non-food shopping destination in Poland by Cinven, Permira and Mid Europa Partners, from Naspers limited.
- Vectra S.A. in connection with the financing of the acquisition of shares in Multimedia Polska S.A., as well as the refinancing of indebtedness of Vectra S.A. and Multimedia Polska S.A. by means of senior and revolving facilities to be arranged by Bank Pekao S.A. and BNP Paribas SA.
- Bridgepoint Advisers Limited in connection with the financing of the acquisition of shares in Smyk, the leading retailer of children's apparel, toys and accessories in Poland.
- Echo Investment, the largest Polish developer, in connection with its most recent PLN 300 million bond issuance program.
- Brookfield Renewable Partners in connection with the security instrument securing the payment of the purchase price in the tender offer for shares in Polenergia S.A.
- mBank S.A. and Santander Bank Polska S.A. in connection with term and ancillary facility agreements made available to portfolio companies of Innova Capital.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw Bar Association - Member
- Poland (2019)
- Jagiellonian University (2014)