Marco Rojas is an associate in the Employment Practice Group in the Mexico City office. He joined Baker McKenzie in 2013. Prior to this, he worked for more than six years in the social security and remunerations practice of other Mexican law firms. Mr. Rojas' legal career spans over six years of practice in the fields of litigation and consulting in social security, local contributions and labor matters.
Mr. Rojas focuses on legal and taxation matters related to social security and remunerations. He has extensive experience in lobbying government authorities as well as in social security tax, including audit and inspection procedures, litigation on various matters before Mexican courts, and amparo lawsuits. Mr. Rojas has advised domestic and multinational clients in the financial, manufacturing, consumer products, metals and mining industries, among others.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented clients in the financial, manufacturing, consumer products, metals and mining industries, among others, in connection with verification of compliance with social security contributions before Mexican courts.
- Participated in several restructuring operations, advising employers on social security, labor and local contributions, including audit procedures.
- Advised national and multinational companies to confirm treatment criteria and nature of work benefits in social security.
- Represented national and multinational companies in administrative and litigation matters in connection with work risk class and determination of social security contributions by the authorities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Barra Mexicana Colegio de Abogados - Member
- Mexico (2009)
- Universidad del Valle de México (J.D.) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.