Marco Rojas is an associate in the Employment Practice Group in the Mexico City office. He joined Baker McKenzie in 2013. Prior to joining the Firm, he worked for more than six years in other Mexican law firms in connection with the social security and remunerations practice. Marco's legal career spans over 12 years of practice in the fields of litigation and consulting in social security contributions, HR compliance and consulting labor matters.
Marco focuses on legal and taxation matters related to social security and remunerations. He has extensive experience in lobbying government authorities and social security contributions, including audit and inspection procedures, litigation on various matters before Mexican courts and amparo lawsuit. Marco has dealt with domestic and multinational clients in the financial, manufacturing, consumer products, metals and mining industries, among others.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented t financial, manufacturing, consumer products, metals and mining industries, among others, in connection with verification of compliance with social security contributions before Mexican courts.
- Participated in several restructuring operations for employers, social security advice, labor and local contributions, including audit procedures.
- Advised national and multinational companies to confirm treatment criteria and nature of work benefits in social security.
- Represented national and multinational companies in administrative and litigation matters in connection with work risk class and determination of social security contributions by the authorities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ilustre y Nacional Colegio de Abogados - Member
- Colegio de Contadores Públicos de México - Member
- Mexico (2009)
- Universidad Latinoamericana en Línea (Constitutional Procedural Law) (2020)
- Universidad del Valle de México (J.D.) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.