Guillermo Eduardo Rojas Montiel is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate and Transactional Practice Group. He has been a member of the Firm since 2006. From 2013 to 2014, he was a resident in the Chicago office as a foreign associate.
Mr. Rojas focuses his practice on general corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and foreign investment, including the drafting, supervision and negotiation of contracts, agreements and several kinds of legal documents. He frequently advises non-listed companies on issues relating to corporate governance, cross border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate matters and private equity transactions. Likewise, he has experience with the day-to-day business related to the hotels and hospitality industry.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in the acquisiton of a national courier and packaging services company, which involved the purchase of stock.
- Participated in assisting a private equity fund in acquiring a national optical company which involved the purchase of stock.
- Participated in a multi-practice project for the acquisition of a company in the bath and kitchen industry which involved the purchase of stock and real estate assets.
- Participated in the restructuring of companies related to software systems.
- Participated in the restructuring of companies related to cosmetics.
- Provided in-house-counsel services to bank institutions, packing and shipping services companies and cosmetics companies.
- Mexico (2008)
- Escuela Libre de Derecho (Diploma Energy Law) (2014)
- Northwestern University School of Law (Master of Laws, LLM) (2013)
- Georgetown University Law Center (Diploma Drafting Contracts in English) (2009)
- Universidad Iberoamericana, A.C. (JD) (2008)