Chambers USA has described Blair as a "zealous advocate and a calm counselor," and an "incredibly effective partner." His practice focuses on defending large-scale discrimination and wage and hour class and collective actions and individual and multi-plaintiff litigation, representing clients in the pharmaceutical, financial services, and media/entertainment industries before state and federal courts.
His practice encompasses a wide range of labor and employment matters, focusing on employment law disputes and trial work, where clients have noted his "advocacy is excellent and his understanding of the issues and trial strategy is outstanding." Blair has defended companies in systemic employment discrimination class actions involving claims under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Equal Pay Act, the Age Discrimination Employment Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Additionally, he advises employers on ways to avoid class action lawsuits through diversity initiatives, comprehensive internal policy audits and global pay equity reviews, which are designed to assess and remediate class and collective action litigation risk and ensure compliance with myriad state, federal and global laws and regulations. He also counsels clients on a wide array of cross-border employment issues, including reductions in force.
Blair also litigates a variety of individual employment matters, including sexual harassment and claims of discrimination based on age, race, sex, national origin and disability, wrongful termination cases, breach of contract matters, and trade secret/restrictive covenant litigation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Defeated certification in multiple collective actions brought against a media conglomerate on behalf of news reporters nationwide, and obtained a complete defense verdict on the remaining individual claims that went to trial.
- Obtained complete summary judgment in a 25 plaintiff age discrimination case brought by television production employees.
- Defended numerous pharmaceutical companies in filed and threatened nationwide gender and race discrimination class actions.
- Serves as national employment counsel for multiple pharmaceutical companies, handling a wide variety of employment class and individual employment litigation matters where summary judgment was routinely granted and other matters favorably resolved.
- Successfully defended a large investment bank in a nationwide race discrimination class action involving financial advisors; the class claims were dismissed and individual claims compelled to arbitration.
- Advised multinational pharmaceutical and financial services firms on global pay equity and other workforce issues.
- Chambers USA - New York
- Member, Practice Group of the Year, Employment, Law360 (2017)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New York~United States (2015)
- New Jersey~United States (2004)
- Pennsylvania~United States (2004)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit~United States
- US District Court, Southern District of New York~United States
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey~United States
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania~United States
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D.) (2004)
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (BA) (2000)