Laura Rincón is an associate at the Dispute Resolution practice in Baker McKenzie's Bogota office. She has been part of the firm since 2019, advising multinational clients on matters of corporate law, transnational liquidations and banking law, in the area of project finance. Additionally, she has assisted in due diligence processes.
Laura is part of the Board of Directors of the Corporate Law Competition of Universidad de los Andes, where she has successfully led four editions of the competition, which focuses on corporate litigation issues. She is also part of the Research in Land Restitution Group of Universidad de los Andes, where she has participated in publishing articles on private law and land restitution in times of war.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a multinational company in the structuring of financing for 2.76 billion Colombian pesos (approx. USD 800 million) for investment in road infrastructure.
- Advised the Women in Connection Colombia association in the constitution of the entity, corporate maintenance and qualification to the Special Tax Regime.
- She was part of the team that organized the international Children's Rights Moot Court competition, which was jointly organized by Baker McKenzie and Leiden University in The Netherlands.
- Advised on the formalization of startups within the framework of the "Pazificar" project, in which legal advice is offered to peace startups founded by ex-combatants, military, social leaders and people related to the process of substitution of crops in the regions of the country.
- Universidad de los Andes (Postgraduate in Legal Innovation) (2021)
- Universidad de los Andes (LLB) (2021)