Rini joined Baker McKenzie after six years with the Canadian government, having worked on Brexit policy, as well in trade and tax litigation. She obtained her legal training with the Canadian government with the Trade Law Bureau and the Department of Justice. Her background in trade matters spans legal advisory, litigation and policy, having worked on free trade agreements, WTO litigation on market access and trade remedies issues. Prior to joining the Canadian government, she was a government affairs associate at one of Canada's most recognizable brands.
Rini advises on customs, WTO and trade remedies, as well as product regulation and supply chain matters.
Representative Legal Matters
Before joining Baker McKenzie, Rini handled the following:
- Advised on US – Tuna II (Mexico) (DS381) (third party), and Canada – Welded Pipe (DS482) as a member of Canada's WTO litigation teams
- Conducted more than 50 hearings (with 8 reported decisions), as counsel with the Canadian Department of Justice, in the Tax Court of Canada and Federal Court of Canada.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (ACIArb) - Associate Member
- TradeExperettes - Member (2021)
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2022)
- Ontario~Canada (Barrister & Solicitor) (2017)
- Co-author, "UK to implement Advance Valuation Rulings (“AVR”) for Customs Valuation of imports," Baker McKenzie Import and Trade Remedies Blog, 17 March 2023
- Co-author, "UK Government’s Customs Package in Spring Budget 2023: new (or improved) Customs processes," Baker McKenzie Import and Trade Remedies Blog, 15 March 2023
- Co-author, "Big Changes afoot for the UK Trade Remedies Regime," Baker McKenzie Import and Trade Remedies Blog, 14 March 2023
- Co-author, "UK’s Trade Remedies Authority initiates reconsideration of its first anti-dumping investigation decision," Baker McKenzie Import and Trade Remedies Blog, 2 March 2023
- Co-author, "The TP/Customs Saga continues: new valuation guidance issued by UK Customs," Baker McKenzie Import and Trade Remedies Blog, 3 November 2022
- Co-author, "European Union: Wide-reaching proposals to make products more sustainable and protect consumers from greenwashing," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 20 April 2022
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.