Clyde E. Rankin III is a member of Baker McKenzie’s North America Banking, Finance and Major Projects Practice Group. He is also chair of the Global Renewable Energy and Clean Technology Practice. He has been named one of the Best Lawyers in America and a New York Metro Super Lawyer from 2006 to 2016, and was highlighted in Legal 500 US for his work as an adviser to sponsors in project finance and renewable energy. Prior to joining the Firm in 2005, Mr. Rankin served as the ninth chairman of a New York-based law firm.
Mr. Rankin assists clients on project finance and infrastructure transactions, mergers and acquisitions, privatizations, licensing and distribution agreements and joint venture agreements. He has extensive experience on project financing of significant renewable energy projects in the US and abroad. He also advises on the financing of infrastructure projects in the US, including toll roads, highway maintenance projects, tunnel maintenance and monitoring, and the refurbishment of refineries. Mr. Rankin represents foreign companies investing in the US, and assists US clients with their investments in Eastern and Central Europe as well as the Russian Federation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a corporate purchaser in connection with a power purchase agreement for a 100 MW wind energy project in Texas.
- Assisted a developer/sponsor in connection with the project financing of a 146 MWp photovoltaic project to be located in Antofagasta, Chile.
- Counseled a US developer in the sale of a 97.5 MW wind energy project in Minnesota to a public utility.
- Assisted a US developer in connection with a USD229 million tax equity financing of a 161 MW wind energy project in Oldham County, Texas.
- Advised a US developer in connection with the USD385 million project financing of a 205.5 MW wind energy project in Minnesota.
- Advised a US developer in connection with the USD125 million leveraged construction and term financing of, and admission of a tax equity investor into an 85.5 MW wind energy project in Minnesota.
- Advised a US developer in connection with the negotiation of a power purchase agreement with San Diego Gas & Electric for a 200 MW wind energy project in Kern County, California.
- Assisted US and overseas lenders in connection with the project financing of several wind energy projects in California.
- Advised a US developer in connection with the USD85 million financing of, and admission of tax equity investors into, a 60 MW wind energy project in California.
- Counseled a US developer in connection with the negotiation of a power purchase agreement with Pacific Gas & Electric for a 150 MW wind energy project in Solano County, California.
- U.S. Supreme Court~United States
- New Jersey~United States
- District of Columbia~United States
- New York~United States
- Columbia Law School (J.D.) (1975)
- Princeton University (A.B.) (1972)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.