Stefanie Price is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Real Estate Group based in London. Stefanie practices in all aspects of real estate law and in particular advises clients in relation to high value commercial sales and acquisitions for overseas investors, landlord and tenant law and the real estate aspects of corporate transactions. She also focuses on the consumer goods and retail sector.
Stefanie acts for a wide range of clients many of whom are multi-national companies, including property investment companies, corporate occupiers, and luxury retail clients.
Stefanie is recognised as a "Rising Star" in the Legal 500 UK 2021 directory.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a leading technology company in respect of a Central London acquisition of a mixed use development for GBP 730 million via a Jersey Unit Trust structure.
- Acting for a Singaporean investor in respect of the acquisition of student and residential housing blocks, including advice on the management agreements with a leading national student accommodation provider.
- Acting for a European logistics company in respect of site assembly and development of a port, advising on the acquisition and the development agreement for the development of a bridge and road infrastructure to facilitate port use and further development.
- Acting for an overseas investor in the corporate acquisition of a business park for in excess of GBP 500 million, involving around 200 leasehold interests and continuing to act on the ongoing property management aspects of the business park.
- Acting for a Malaysian government pension fund on its GBP 160 million acquisition of a multi-let new build property at St Katharine's Dock, EC1, and subsequent re-financings.
- Advising a private equity fund in respect of its bid as part of a joint venture for a number of buildings on a Science Park.
- Acting as the principal client contact for a shipping company (bulk shipping and ro-ro) who have four large port locations in the UK and advising the client for the last 13 years in respect of all real estate and planning aspects of the port assets, including land sales, acquisitions, financing, development and planning. This includes dealing with easements for high-speed rail and electricity and all service media providers, acquiring unregistered land, development and planning issues, including negotiating planning agreements and highways adoption agreements, negotiating jetty and river licences with the appropriate river authorities, and considering environmental matters.
- Acting as main client contact for a leading fashion house in relation to its store expansion programme across Europe. This has involved acting on the opening of more than 20 UK stores, coordinating around 25 European offices and external law firms and advising on the opening of in excess of another 150 stores at landmark locations across Europe, and co-ordinating advice in other related areas including, for instance, data protection and licencing.
- Acting as main client contact for a US luxury fashion and leather goods designer in respect of their European store expansion. To date this has involved acting on in excess of 10 UK stores and co-ordinating the legal work on several overseas stores. 60 further European wide stores are planned over the next year.
- Acting as main client contact for a large hotel chain, dealing with their ongoing portfolio of freehold and leasehold properties, including the purchase of a hotel in Canary Wharf for in excess of GBP 33.5 million, and acting as lead property associate in a refinancing of their hotel portfolio in excess of GBP 400 million.
- Rising Star, Legal 500 UK, 2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2007)
- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice (Law Degree)
- University of Chester (Law Degree)
- University of Cambridge (Land Economy)