Joost Polman is an associate in the Private Equity and M&A Practice Groups in Amsterdam. He has spent a secondment in London where he worked in the Private Equity Funds Practice Group.
Joost focuses on corporate law, with particular emphasis on strategic and private equity-driven private mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructurings. He is regularly involved in due diligence investigations, contract drafting and transaction negotiations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Chesnara on the acquisition of Legal & General Nederland.
- Advised Drukkerij Zwart on the sale of a majority stake to Schur Flexibles.
- Advising Coolinvestments on the insolvency restructuring of Dutch retail store MS Mode.
- Advised Wega Invest and management on the sale of Tanatex Chemical.
- Advised Royal De Heus on the acquisition of Coops Mengvoeders.
- Advised Daimler AG on acquisition Athlon Car Lease International B.V.
- Advised C4C Holding B.V. on the sale of Lutèce to Greenyard Foods.
- Advised AutoBinck on the sale and transfer of the Hyundai distributorship business of its subsidiary Greenib Car to Hyundai Motor Netherlands.
- Advised the trustees in the bankruptcy estate of DSB Bank (in faillissement) on the sale and transfer of shares in Waard Leven, Waard Schade, Hollands Welvaren Leven and TADAS Verzekeringen to Chesnara.
- Advised Wega Invest on the acquisition of Tanatex Holding, Herkel Holding and Nijhuis Beheer.
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2014)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.