Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V.
Joost Polman is a legal director in the Private Equity and M&A Practice Groups in Amsterdam. His clients include financial sponsors as well as privately and publicly held corporates. In 2017, he spent a secondment in London where he worked in the Private Equity Funds Practice Group. He was nominated for Best Young M&A Lawyer of the Netherlands twice, in 2017 and 2018.
Joost focuses on corporate law, with particular emphasis on strategic or sponsor-driven acquisitions, divestments and corporate restructurings. He also has experience with advising on venture capital investments and management equity participation schemes. Many of the deals Joost advised on involve businesses in the technology, media, consumer goods or financial sectors. Finally, Joost regularly lectures university students, peers or clients at seminars and workshops on a wide range of M&A-related topics.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised FSN Capital on the acquisition of Dutch IT-services provider ilionx
- Advised Nikkiso on the sale of LEWA GmbH and Geveke B.V. to Atlas Copco
- Advised Europe's leading Microsoft partner Fellowmind (an FSN Capital portfolio company) on the acquisition of Synlogic
- Advised Gradient Ventures, Google's AI-focused venture fund, on the Series Seed investment in Payaut, a Dutch automated payment provider for online platforms and marketplaces
- Advised (in cooperation with Danish law firm Accura) Podimo ApS on the acquisition of Dag en Nacht Media B.V.
- Advised FSN Capital on the acquisition of OptiGroup, Hygas, TPC and BFG
- Advised Royal De Heus on the acquisition of MNS Feed from Masan MEATLife
- Advised Kantar on the acquisition of MeMo²
- Advised APG Asset Management on the acquisition of 50% in a newly formed joint venture with Royal KPN N.V. on the rollout of fiber in the Netherlands
- Advised Wega Invest B.V. with its (indirect) sale of Royal Herkel B.V. to Royal Sanders B.V.
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2014)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.