Joost Polman is legal director in the Private Equity and M&A Practice Groups in Amsterdam. In 2017, he spent a secondment in London where he worked in the Private Equity Funds Practice Group.
Joost focuses on corporate law, with particular emphasis on strategic and private equity-driven private mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructurings. He is regularly involved in due diligence investigations, contract drafting and transaction negotiations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Kantar on the acquisition of MeMo²
- Advised APG Asset Management on the acquisition of 50% in a newly formed joint venture with Royal KPN N.V. on the rollout of fiber in the Netherlands
- Advised Wega Invest B.V. with its (indirect) sale of Royal Herkel B.V. to Royal Sanders B.V.
- Advised KeBeK Private Equity on the sale of Yource to Parcom and simultaneously advised Yource on the acquisition of Cendris
- Advised Waard Leven on the acquisition of a Dutch portfolio of term life and savings policies from Argenta
- Advised Wagram Equity Partners on the acquisition of the Creamy Creation Business from FrieslandCampina
- Advised Waard Leven on the acquisition of a life insurance portfolio from Monuta
- Advised Upmato on the sale of Hembrug Machine Tools to Spanish cooperative Danobat
- Advised Egeria on the sale of 100% of the issued shares of Hitec Holding B.V. to Japanese manufacturing conglomerate Air Water Inc.
- Advised Egeria on the acquisition of a majority stake in MAAS Aviation Group
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2014)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.