Lucy Player-Bishop is an associate with Baker McKenzie's London office. She is with the Dispute Resolution and Compliance & Investigations groups.
Lucy's practice focuses on commercial litigation, dispute resolution, and compliance and investigations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Conducting an internal anti-bribery and corruption investigation for a telecommunications company.
- Acting for a group of trustees regarding enforcement of a deed, including appearing in the Court of Appeal.
- Acting for prejudiced shareholder and communications company in three-week High Court trial also involving claims of breach of directors' duties and conspiracy by unlawful means.
- Acting for Middle Eastern investment bank in a cross-border NZD 45 million shareholder claim.
- Acting for a company that manufactures construction and mining equipment in a cross-border trademark opposition proceeding.
- Acting for local council in an application to restrain a vexatious litigant.
- Advising on defamation, copyright, and intellectual property proceedings.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Golden Key International Honour Society Membership
- New Zealand Law Society
- Volunteer, Community Law Centre
- High Court of New Zealand (2015)
- University of Canterbury at New Zealand (Bachelor of Laws) (2014)
- University of Nottingham (Law) (2013)
- St. Cuthbert's College (B.A. Double Major in English, and Media & Communications) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.