Ginger Partee advises companies on matters related to US and global immigration, internal audits and worksite inspections, mobility program management and corporate immigration compliance. Recommended by Legal 500, Ginger has extensive experience counseling manufacturing, engineering and technology companies that operate in industries ranging from heavy equipment to medical devices to business solutions and consulting. She has been with Baker McKenzie for more than 20 years and is a member of the Firm’s Global Immigration and Mobility Steering Committee.
Ginger’s practice is focused on helping companies with hiring key talent requiring immigration sponsorship, moving employees globally to meet business demands, complying with immigration-related record keeping requirements, and training in-house legal and human resource teams to implement defensible immigration policies and programs. Ginger has in-depth experience in US employment-based visas and work permits, particularly for executives, engineering and IT professionals, and consultants. She also has broad knowledge of immigration requirements for short and long-term assignments in many EMEA and APAC countries.
Ginger helps companies with proactive I-9 and immigration compliance audits, and is experienced in representing employers during government-initiated worksite inspections and audit proceedings. She has received training in Six Sigma and legal project management, and was instrumental in developing IMMpact, the Firm’s proprietary global immigration and mobility case management platform.
Representative Legal Matters
- Managed high-volume PERM filings in engineering and computer systems analyst disciplines for a Fortune 500 heavy equipment manufacturer.
- Coordinated US work permits for a large-scale transfer of engineering professionals from Canada to the United States during the consolidation of manufacturing operations.
- Conducted a comprehensive US immigration compliance audit for an automotive components manufacturer, including the review of I-9s for 1,500+ employees, standardization of job applications and offer letters across multiple company locations, and the development of corporate immigration policies.
- Represented a chemical manufacturer in I-9 audit proceedings initiated by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, resulting in no fines or employer sanctions.
- Worked directly with the general counsel of a business solutions company to develop international travel guidelines for visas and work permits for consultants assigned to projects in the US, and EMEA and APAC countries.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (1999)
- Illinois~United States (1999)
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (IIT) (J.D. Honors) (1999)
- DePauw University (B.A. cum laude) (1992)