Maria is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Intellectual Property and Technology team, based in London. She joined Baker McKenzie as a trainee in March 2018 and was admitted as a solicitor of England and Wales in March 2020. During her training Maria was seconded to Google's commercial legal team for six months.
Maria's practice covers a broad range of technology, commercial and intellectual property law issues. She is involved in drafting, negotiating and advising on commercial, technology and telecoms agreements, and provides support on the commercial, privacy and IP aspects of large corporate transactions. She also advises on consumer, marketing and privacy law issues for technology and new media clients (including platforms).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising suppliers and investors on multiple fibre-to-the-home agreements and transactions.
- Advising multi-national companies on consumer law, worldwide promotions and election advertising issues.
- Advising platforms on privacy and consumer law issues and product launches.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial, technology and procurement agreements for a number of clients.
- Overhaul of customer agreements for an AI chatbot company.
- Advising multi-national companies on business measures and contractual remedies in response to COVID-19.
- Delivering large multijurisdictional survey projects advising on commercial and consumer law matters.
- Commercial, IP and privacy support on various acquisitions.
- England & Wales (Solicitor) (2020)
- BPP University Law School (Legal Practice Course - Commercial LLM with distinction) (2018)
- Durham University (Law LLB) (2015)
- Co-Author, "EU and United Kingdom: COVID-19 and reopening retail stores in the EU - governments issue safety guidance" 2020
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.