Carolina Pardo joined Baker McKenzie in 1994 and is a Partner of the Firm since 2008. She is currently a member of the Global Steering Committee for the Firm’s TMT industry group and of the Global Steering Committee for the Firm’s Compliance & Investigations Group. She was a member of the Global Steering Committee for the Firm’s Global Antitrust and Competition from 2016 and until 2020.
She graduated as a lawyer and a specialist in International Contract Law graduated from Universidad de los Andes in Bogotá. She obtained a LL.M. with emphasis in International Private Law and Competition Law from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Over 20 years, she has advised major national and international clients on matters related to compliance with data protection, competition and consumer law rules. She has represented clients in investigations and submissions related to data protection and competition matters in Colombia and has successfully coordinated and prepared white paper proposals to national authorities on behalf of major industrial groups in Colombia.
Representative Legal Matters
Acted as a member of the legal team that advised the Peruvian government on the privatization of ports and airports in Peru.
Advised Colombian and multinational clients on antitrust, data protection matters, e-commerce, consumer protection and data protection matters as well as in connection with compliance structures – including anti-money laundering and anti-bribery. Has led investigations and merger control cases undertaken by the Colombian competition regulator and has successfully coordinated cases in the Latin American region.
- Chambers Latin America has ranked her in TMT and Antitrust (leading practitioner) in Colombia
- Legal 500 has recognized her as a leading practitioner in TMT and Antitrust in Colombia
- LACCA has recognized her as leading individual for Compliance and Antitrust matters
- Colombia (1995)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M. International Law) (2001)
- Los Andes University (Master's Degree International Contracts) (1997)
- University de Los Andes (J.D.) (1995)
- Author, Colombian chapter in "Merger Notification Handbook," Cameron, May 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003