Carolina Pardo Cuellar joined Baker McKenzie in 1994. She is a partner in the corporate department of Baker McKenzie in Colombia and leads the IT, competition and consumer protection groups in the local firm. Ms. Pardo is part of the steering committee of the Latin American Competition, Compliance and IT Groups of Baker McKenzie. Her areas of practice include antitrust or competition law, consumer protection, information technology and privacy law.
Representative Legal Matters
Advised clients such as BASF, BAT, BOC, Bellsouth, Telefonica, Hewlett Packard, Symrise, Sumitomo, Syngenta, USG, Schering-Plough, Nike, and others in connection with pre-merger procedures with Colombian competition authorities.
Represented clients such as Yahoo, RIM, Toshiba, and AOL in aspects related to consumer protection, data privacy, enforcement of electronic contracts under Colombian laws.
Counseled Federal Express Corporation on a continuous basis regarding corporate and regulatory matters of its operation in Colombia.
Acted for clients in various industries, such as L’Oreal, Mattel, GE, Bridgestone/Firestone and others in connection with consumer protection matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Centro de Estudios de Derecho de la Competencia
- Columbian American Chamber of Commerce - Competition and E-Commerce Committees
- Colombia (1995)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M. International Law) (2001)
- Los Andes University (Master's Degree International Contracts) (1997)
- University de Los Andes (J.D.) (1995)