Thanh Thuy Ninh has nearly 19 years of experience as a trademark professional, assisting clients with trademark filings in several countries, including Vietnam, China, Taiwan, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar and other ASEAN countries. She worked as the head of the trademark division of a local law firm for nearly eight years before joining BMVN. Her main experience lies in handling large trademark portfolios for major multinational companies.
Thuy’s main practice focuses on non-contentious and contentious trademark cases, including trademark searches and prosecutions both in Vietnam and oversea countries such as ASEAN countries, South Africa, India, China, South Korea, Taiwan, the US, Japan, etc.; trademark oppositions and cancellations; trademark license and assignments; and general IP advice.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a well-known online recruitment platform on its trademark portfolio, particularly on expanding the scope of protection covering related goods and services, and filing applications for its various classes.
- Successfully assisted a well-known media and entertainment company in filing a counter-response to the Vietnam IP Office (VNIPO)'s refusal of its trademark application under the IP Law.
- Handling trademark prosecution IP transactions at the Firm since 2009.
- Advising and assisting various multinational clients on various trademark matters, including trademark use and registration, trademark searches, trademark oppositions and cancellations.
- Delivered lectures on legal topics of trademark protection in Vietnam and abroad.
- Assisted a fragrance producer in filing appeals against the VNIPO's provisional refusal, arguing that the Applied Mark does not carry any descriptive significance with respect to the designated goods.
- Assisted a global apparel brand in filing a counter-response against the VNIPO's notice of provisional refusal.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Vietnam Lawyers’ Association - Member
- Hanoi Bar Association - Member
- IP Representative before the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam
- Hanoi (2013)
- Vietnam National University (LLM) (2010)
- Hanoi Foreign Studies University (BA, Foreign Languages) (2002)
- Hanoi University for Society and Humanity Science (LLB) (1999)
Baker & McKenzie (Vietnam) Ltd., a limited liability company, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.