With 33 years of experience, Jorge Narvaez-Hasfura has been voted as the Latin America Tax Litigation and Disputes Practice Leader of the Year (2020) by the International Tax Review. He has been nominated to appear in the Guide to the World's Leading Transfer Pricing Advisers. Jorge has been ranked as a leading tax practitioner in Mexico by Chambers & Partners every year since 2011 and has also been ranked by Legal 500 and World Tax as one of the top tax disputes attorneys in Mexico. He is praised for his transfer pricing and corporate reorganization work alongside his very strong practice in tax rulings, treaties and litigation.
Jorge serves as Chair of the Firm's Global Tax Dispute Resolution Group since October 2014. He is also a member of the Firm's Global Financial Committee, representing the Latin American region since October 2013.
He is a founder of the Legislative Tax Analysis Group (ATRIL). In March 2012, Jorge was appointed by the Mexican President, for a four-year term, as honorary Independent Advisor and Member of the Sounding Board of the Mexican Taxpayers’ Ombudsman (the PRODECON).
Representative Legal Matters
Tax litigation: Sony, Valaris (Ensco, PLC), Adidas, Amway, Oracle, Helmerich & Payne, Cisco Systems, Murata Powers Solutions, The Walt Disney Company, Fresh del Monte Products, Nestle, Hasbro, Reckitt Benckiser, etc.
Tax consultancy: Facebook, Google, Spotify, Open Table, Wintershall, Evonik, Bristol, Airbnb, Ensco, Sony, Whirlpool, Office Depot, McCormick, Mincer, Adidas, Apple, UBS, JP Morgan, Credit Suisse, Seadrill, Transocean, Epicor, Schlumberger, Givaudan, Amazon, Autodesk, Hines, etc.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tax Committee of the Mexican Bar Association - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- International Fiscal Association - Member
- British Chamber of Commerce of Mexico - Member
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce of Mexico - Member
- Mexico (1987)
- University of Notre Dame (LL.M.)
- Escuela Libre de Derecho (J.D.)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (Diplomado en Derecho Tributario)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (Diplomado en Impuestos)
- International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation IBFD (International Taxation)
- Harvard Kennedy School (Comparative Tax Policy and Administration)
Firm Committee Memberships
- Regional Tax Practice Group for Latin America - Former Chair
- Global Tax Steering Committee - Former Member
- Global Transfer Pricing Sub-Group - Former Member
- Global Value Added Tax Steering Committee - Former Member