Luke is a banking lawyer in Baker McKenzie’s London office specialising in real estate finance. Luke advises a mix of sponsors and lenders on a wide range of real estate finance investment and development transactions. He has particular experience advising sponsors on large-scale cross-border pan-European financings.
- Advising Blackstone on its acquisition and senior/mezzanine refinancing of Dream Global, a pan-European office and industrial portfolio located across Germany, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.
- Advising Blackstone on the refinancing of the tallest office building and largest letting in Germany.
- Advising Blackstone on the sale of Devonshire Square, London and Green Park, Reading.
- Advising Blackstone on multiple senior/mezzanine refinancings of retail outlets across Italy involving CMBS structures.
- Advising Blackstone on the senior/mezzanine refinancing of a large mixed-use portfolio a across Sweden.
- Advising Blackstone on the EUR 2 billion acquisition and senior/mezzanine refinancing of a Spanish portfolio of more than 10,000 residential units.
- Advising Blackstone on multiple senior/mezzanine financings/refinancings of logistics portfolios located across Europe, involving CMBS structures.
- Advising Multi Corporation on various financings and refinancings of its retail assets located across Europe.
- Advising Mileway on various senior/mezzanine financings and refinancings of urban logistics portfolios located Europe, often involving CMBS structures as well as multiple amends, restructures and disposals.
- Member of the Steering Committee of the London office's employee network "BakerOpportunity," which aims to make it easier for people from economically disadvantaged backgrounds to access opportunities within the legal sector
- Award-winning mentor to aspiring young professionals
- Regular guest speaker at the University of Law and several diversity and social mobility organisations
- Authored articles in The Guardian newspaper on careers, diversity and social mobility
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2013)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.