Maria Paula Moya joined Baker McKenzie in January 2021 as a junior associate in the M&A practice group. Prior to joining the Firm, she worked for an important global firm and has three years of experience in the areas of M&A, corporate, commercial and foreign exchange law.
Maria Paula has experience in national and cross-border transactions, commercial agreements and corporate matters. She has provided legal advice to clients in the practice areas of M&A, corporate, commercial and foreign exchange law for the optimization and development of their businesses, and has worked with the industries such as energy & infrastructure, healthcare, consumer goods & retail, and oil and gas.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted Ecopetrol (the most important oil Company in Colombia) in the acquisition of in the purchase of COP 569 million shares of Interconexión Eléctrica ISA (The largest electric energy supplier on Colombia) through the signing an inter-administrative share purchase agreement with the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit in Colombia.
- Assisted Akzo Nobel in the acquisition of 100% of Grupo Orbis S.A., a publicly listed company in the Colombian Stock Exchange, mainly dedicated to the chemicals industry (paintings & coatings and complementary chemical businesses).
- Assisted Isagen, a major power generator in Colombia on the acquisition of seven hydroelectric plants through an asset purchase agreement.
- Universidad de los Andes (J.D.) (2020)
- IE Law School, Madrid (Law Exchange Program) (2018)
- Université Catholique de Lyon (French Language and Culture) (2015)
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S., is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein