Hannah Moxon is an associate who joined the Pensions Department in March 2017 after completing her training contract at the Firm. Hannah advises both pension scheme trustees and sponsoring employers on all aspects of pensions law for contentious and non-contentious matters and is a member of the Association of Pensions Lawyers. Hannah also assists with matters for the Firm's pro bono clients, and has been particularly involved in projects for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
Hannah advises clients across multiple industries on all aspects of pensions law, including amending schemes to respond to legal developments, dealing with member benefit queries and other day-to-day issues. In particular, Hannah has acted for clients in relation to liability management exercises, employer deficit matters and member complaints, and has been involved in multijurisdictional transactional projects, which includes providing advice and coordinating international pension teams.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising the Trustee of the Merchant Navy Officers Pension Fund on various matters, including a GBP 490 million buy-in of pensioner liabilities.
- Acted for global clients on the pension issues arising on multijurisdictional purchases of a business division and subsequent integration with the client's business.
- Advised various clients as a member of the Pensions Department's dedicated Data Protection team developed to help clients deal with the increased regulatory requirements in this area following the introduction of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
- Advised various clients on the implications of the Lloyds Bank judgment on equalization of benefits to account for GMP inequalities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of Pensions Lawyers - Member
- England & Wales (2017)
- University of Law (LLM LPC International Legal Practice) (2015)
- University of Exeter (LLB with honors) (2014)
- Author, "A Thoroughly Modern Trustee," Pensions Age, March 2018
- Author, "The Pursuit of Excellence," Pensions Age, November 2018
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.