Anja Moser is a senior associate in the corporate, insolvency and restructuring practice in Berlin since 2012. In 2013/2014, she worked in the Frankfurt office for 6 months. She was admitted to the bar in 2010. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie Berlin, she worked for Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, LLP in Munich in the area of corporate and litigation law. Anja studied law at the University of Würzburg and Bristol, U.K. and - in addition to her legal education - obtained a Master's degree in European Law as well as in Political Science and Economics. Anja was awarded the Alumni Prize for outstanding achievements in her European Law studies.
Anja advises companies, creditors, shareholders, the management and insolvency administrators with regard to insolvency and corporate law issues. Her focus is on advising major creditors on the assertion of their insolvency claims, the judicial and extrajudicial defence of claims made by the insolvency administration as well as in the area of distressed M&A.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising the insolvency administrator Dr. Siegfried Beck (Nuremberg) on the sale of the business operations of the Schlott Group in a bidding process, including the business operations of u.e. sebald druck GmbH to Burda Druck GmbH.*
- Advising a major creditor, inter alia, in the insolvency proceedings of the Conergy Group.
- Advising on the out-of-court and in-court defence against claims of insolvency administrators, including the conclusion of settlements with insolvency administrators.
- Advising on various M&A transactions in a national and international context on the seller and buyer side, including advising the Swiss Sulzer AG on the sale of its Metco division to OC Oerlikon.
- Representation of claimants and defendants in state court proceedings, including defending the British insurance company Clerical Medical in one of the largest mass claims in Germany.*
*Anja handled this mandate prior to her time at Baker McKenzie
- Germany (2010)
- University of Wuerzburg (Master Degree in Political Science and Economics) (2011)
- University of Wuerzburg (Master Degree in European Law) (2009)
- Higher Regional Court of Bamberg (Assessor Exam) (2009)
- University of Wuerzburg (Referendar Exam, European Lawyer (Europajuristin (Univ.Würzburg)) (2005)
Author, "Annotation of judgment: ECJ C-205/207, Gysbrechts and Santurel - Inter, ZEuP," p. 706-720, March 2011
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.