Daniel Duk-ki Moon
Baker & McKenzie LLP
Admitted only in New York. Practice supervised by members of the DC Bar.
Daniel Duk-ki (pronounced “ducky”) Moon represents US and international clients in all phases of the US merger review process and advises on a broad range of antitrust and regulatory issues related to both domestic and cross border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and other business arrangements. He also counsels clients on compliance and enforcement issues related to cartels, vertical restraints, market manipulation, hub-and-spoke liability, and other antitrust law matters.
Duk-ki has particular expertise in the pharmaceuticals industry and has helped leading multinational companies with various transactions and antitrust matters. He also has experience working across a number of industries, such as in health insurance, heavy machinery, mining, oil and gas as well as financial institutions.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Duk-ki has advised clients on a wide range of antitrust matters, including:
- Novartis on various antitrust matters, including its series of transactions with GlaxoSmithKline
- Western Refining, Inc. on its acquisition by Tesoro Corporation before the Federal Trade Commission
- Wellpoint (now Anthem) on various antitrust matters, including its acquisition of Amerigroup
- Glencore plc on its merger with Xstrata before the DOJ
- Actavis Group on its EUR 4.25 billion sale to Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company on various antitrust matters, including its USD 62 billion acquisition of Shire plc
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member, Antitrust section
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association - Member
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association, DC - Member
- New York~United States (2013)
- Yeshiva University (JD) (2011)
- Berklee College of Music (BA) (2007)
- Associate Editor, Health Care Chronicle, Health Care and Pharmaceuticals Committee
- Regular contributor, Recent Developments Newsletter, Health Care and Pharmaceuticals Committee
- "Market Definition for Innovative Pharmaceuticals: How Far Should We Go?", Antitrust Health Care Chronicle, October 2019
- Who's Afraid of "Killer Acquisitions?”, ABA Newsletter of the Mergers & Acquisitions Committee, Summer 2019
- Co-author, “Cooperation or Compliance? In re Aftermarket Automotive Lighting and the Denial of ACPERA Protection for Unsatisfactory Cooperation”, Cartel & Criminal Practice Committee Newsletter, Spring 2014
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.