Alonso Miranda is a partner in Estudio Echecopar. He is recognized in Chambers and Partners and is described as " an emerging star within the firm.”
Alonso is co-founder of ADV Editores, a not-for-profit entity in charge of the publication of the Advocatus Law Review. He has written a number of articles related to the Peruvian securities regulation published in the Official Gazette "El Peruano" journals, legal reviews and books.
Alonso focuses on capital markets, financing and securitization. His experience includes complex financing transactions (project finance and leveraged finance), public and private securities' issuances in both domestic and international markets, and asset–backed transactions.
Alonso has extensive experience in structuring complex debt instruments and a sound knowledge on Peruvian securities regulation. He has also been involved in tender offers related to takeover bids and securities exchange offers.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as counsel to leading global financial institutions in connection with a USD 340 million inaugural international notes offering by a natural gas and power generation services provider based in Peru, pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S of the US Securities Act.
- Advised a real estate advisory firm based in Peru on the offering and sale of its 7% corporate bonds worth PEN 1.5 billion due 2024 and global depositary notes (GDN) worth PEN 927 million, as well as its concurrent offering of 3.5% notes worth USD 150 million due 2023. Both transactions were issued in reliance on Rule 144A and Regulation S under the US Securities Act.
- Advised two major utility companies in Latin America on its USD 366 million loan.
- Acted as counsel to two leading global financial institutions on an exchange offer by the leading agro-industrial company in Peru pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S of the US Securities Act to exchange and aggregate principal amount of USD 148 million of its existing 9.875% senior notes due 2017 for its new 10.50% senior secured notes due 2021.
- Acted as counsel to a major financial institution based in Peru in connection with an offer of USD 200 million 8.500% non-cumulative fixed/floating rate step-up junior subordinated notes due 2070, pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S of the US Securities Act.
- Acted as counsel to a Peruvian mining company in connection with a USD 600 million international notes issuance under Rule 144A and Regulation S of the US Securities Act.
- Represented a marine fishing company based in China, through its affiliate company in Singapore, in a tender offer to acquire all of the shares of a Norway-based fishing company. The acquisition was valued at more than USD 800 million.
- Represented a large cement company in Peru in its initial public offering of American Depositary Shares (ADSs) registered with the US Securities Exchange Commission and listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Procapitales - Vice President , Legal Committee
- ADV. Editores - Co-Founder and Associate
- Peru (2004)
- Bond University (LLM Corporate & Commerical Law) (2008)
- University of Lima (Law Degree magna cum laude) (2004)
- University of Lima (Specialization Economics) (1999)
"The Best Tender Offer for the Peruvian Market," Revista Capitales, Volume 3 No. 22, 2010
"Diversified risk investment, " Revista Peru Top Lawyer No. 4, 2009
"Risk Capital Segment: an attractive alternative for Juniors," Revista Desde Adentro No. 68, 2009
Associate professor, "Workshop: capital markets", Banking and Finance LLM Program, Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru (2010 – present)
Assistant professor, Securities Regulation and Capital Markets, Universidad de Lima (2005 – 2006)