Elizabeth Mifsud is a registered foreign lawyer in Baker McKenzie's Financial Services Group and has a strong focus on and experience in the Asian asset management industry. She has over 13 years' experience in advising banks and fund managers on licensing and other regulatory matters including various fund joint ventures, seed capital investments, fund manager acquisitions and foreign direct investments. She also provides regulatory advice to Asian asset managers distributing their products in Australia, and Australian managers entering the Asian market.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Gaw Capital Partners on the formation of a joint venture with a sovereign fund and Allianz Real Estate to acquire the DUO Tower and DUO Galleria, a premium grade-A office asset with ancillary retail in Singapore, for approx. SGD 1.6 billion.
- Represented Taubman Centers Inc., an S&P MidCap 400 REIT that invests in shopping centers, on its sale of 50% of Taubman Asia's interests in three Asia-based shopping centers to funds managed by The Blackstone Group L.P.
- Advised a Japanese financial institution on cornerstone investment (USD 320 million) into a private offshore fund established to acquire aircraft financing and leasing companies.
- Advised a European pension fund on in its investment into an USD 1.4 billion offshore private fund sponsored by a Hong Kong listed real estate company to invest in Beijing premium office assets.
- Advised Quadrant Private Equity on the establishment of its seventh fund raising AUD 850 million.
- Advised Anchorage Capital Partners, a PE firm focusing on special situations and turnaround investment in the Australian, New Zealand and Southeast Asian markets, on the first and final AUD 250 million closing of Anchorage Capital Partners II.
- Advised CAIDAO Wealth, a Hong Kong based independent asset management firm offering global and Asia-specific investment strategies to international investors via managed accounts.
- Advised Swiss-Asia Asset Management, on Hong Kong SFC licensing, managed accounts, hedge fund establishment and the acquisition of another SFC licensed entity.
- Advised Equis Funds Group, a Singapore based private equity manager, on the establishment of Soleq, a co-investment between an existing Equis fund and several European based institutional investors.
- New South Wales~Australia (2002)
- University of New South Wales (LLB/Commerce (Finance))
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.