Amy has a Bachelor of Law degree as well as a Bachelor of Science degree (majoring in Pharmacology) from the University of Sydney.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Amy was employed by the University of Sydney to conduct lectures, laboratory sessions and tutorials for second and final year students in the Department of Pharmacology with a focus on the areas of drug design and development, toxicology and medicinal chemistry. As a result of this training and experience Amy has a thorough grasp on the technical aspects of pharmaceutical products, their mechanisms and their properties.
Amy is a member of the Firm's Dispute Resolution and Life Sciences groups and focuses on pharmaceutical and biomedical regulatory issues, product liability matters and general litigation.
Amy also has more than two years' experience as a corporate lawyer in our Banking & Finance group. During that time, Amy was involved in reviewing, negotiating and drafting a range of commercial contracts, including finance documents, property documents and business sale agreements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a NYSE listed pharmaceutical company on its defence of a medical device action commenced in the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
- Advising an Australian health care company on off-label use of medical devices.
- Advising an Australian hospital on patient consent and privacy issues.
- Advising a US company on product liability and regulatory issues relating to the distribution of products containing formaldehyde.
- Acting for the AECOM group of companies on its defence of a class action which has been launched in the Federal Court of Australia.
- Acting for Valeant International, Inc. on the acquisition of an Australia pharmaceuticals business.
- Acting for Valeant International, Inc. on Australian financing matters on various international acquisitions.
- Acting for a private equity group on the acquisition of various eye hospitals in Australia.
- Acting for an international pharmaceutical company on the acquisition of an Australian company specialising in the development of over-the-counter pharmaceutical products.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Civil Litigation Committee, Law Society of New South Wales - Committee Member
- Cancer Patient Legal Service
- LEAPS! Mentoring
- New South Wales~Australia (2012)
- High Court of Australia (2012)
- University of Sydney (LLB, BSc)