Scott Meselson is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s North America Corporate & Securities Practice Group based in the Firm's San Francisco office, and is also a member of the Firm's Global Reorganizations Practice Group. In addition to working in the San Francisco office, Scott spent a year on secondment to Baker McKenzie’s London office. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in 2010, Scott practiced in litigation and in securities regulation with another global law firm in its New York City and London offices.
Scott’s practice focuses on helping clients - mostly multinational companies - with preparation for, implementation of, and management of complex global corporate restructuring projects, including post-acquisition integrations, pre-transaction separations, tax-driven restructurings, commercial agreements, and other cross-border business law issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a NASDAQ-listed cybersecurity and software company on multiple multijurisdictional business divesture transactions.
- Advised a NYSE-listed footwear and athletic apparel company on the implementation of multiple rounds of global subsidiary restructuring projects.
- Advised a NASDAQ-listed semiconductor company on several post-acquisition integrations.
- Advised a NYSE-listed medical device company on the implementation of a multijurisdictional business divestiture transaction.
- Advised a NYSE-listed electronic manufacturing company on the global spin off and separation of one of its core business lines.
- Advised a NASDAQ-listed semiconductor company on the implementation of one of the first redomestications from Luxembourg to Singapore.
- Advised multiple publicly traded multinational companies on the planning and implementation of pre-divestiture cash repatriation exercises.
- California~United States (2010)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit~United States (2007)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (2006)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York~United States (2006)
- New York~United States (2006)
- Duke University School of Law (J.D.) (2005)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A. summa cum laude, Classical Civilization and Political Science) (2001)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.