Lawrence is a senior associate in the Corporate practice group in Sydney. He focuses on both Australian and cross-border M&A transactions and has advised clients on a number of US M&A transactions during his time as a member of Baker McKenzie’s Corporate and Securities practice group in Chicago, Illinois.
Lawrence advises clients on a wide range of transactional matters and has worked on inbound and outbound private equity, M&A and joint venture transactions for companies across various sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted on behalf of a leading private equity fund in its acquisition of an Australian business from an ASX-listed seller with approximate transaction value of AUD 500 million.
- Acted as international counsel for a US-based company in its worldwide disposal of a business division valued at USD 5 billion.
- Advised for the shareholders of various companies in connection with their sale to private equity funds.
- Acted for a US-based coal producer in relation to the sale of a number of its mining interests to a US competitor.
- Advised a large medical devices corporation in relation to its acquisition of an interest in an Australian medical devices business.
- Provided advice to administrators and liquidators in relation to a number of distressed M&A transactions
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- New South Wales~Australia (2008)
- High Court of Australia (2008)
- University of Sydney (LLB) (2007)
- University of Sydney (Bachelor of Commerce Major in Finance and Accounting) (2005)
- University of Sydney (Merit Scholarship recipient) (2003)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.