Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C.
Martha Mayorga-Luna has been an associate in the Firm's Guadalajara office since 2013. She is member of Baker McKenzie's National Diversity & Inclusion Committee. She has over six years' experience in labor and employment law.
Martha is a collaborator in the Labor & Employment Practice Group in the firm, primarily focused on labor consultancy matters, including individual and collective issues.
Pro bono and community involvement
Martha has collaborated with Angel Ventures in Guadalajara providing legal advice to startups companies helping with this to promote the development of the entrepreneurship environment in Jalisco.
Representative Legal Matters
- Supported several clients in employee transfers, as well as in labor matters regarding mergers and acquisitions.
- Advised Benchmark Electronics in an employer substitution and a collective negotiation derived from its acquisition of a company in the north of Mexico.
- Advised clients in subcontracting matters and other related issues arising from the amendment to the Federal Labor Law.
- Advised Ternium on its employment restructure after the amendments of the Federal Labor Law, in Monterrey.
- Supported clients in individual and collective employment terminations.
- Advised companies in matters related to labor inspections and compliance with their obligations, as well as preventive advice on human resources.
- Represented companies in labor litigation proceedings.
- Represented companies in collective negotiations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Bar Association - Member
- Mexico (2010)
- ITESO Universidad Jesuita en Guadalajara (JD) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.