Laura previously worked as a corporate associate in one of Scotland’s leading commercial law firms. She has also worked at a large European energy company where she specialised in renewable energy and in 2020, Laura undertook a secondment at Future Fund Board of Guardians where she assisted the private equity, property and infrastructure and alternatives teams with the investment and management of the fund's assets.
Laura has requalified as a lawyer in Australia and has experience in submitting foreign investment approvals, undertaking large scale due diligence reviews and project managing complex M&A transactions, alongside other general commercial work.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for Origin with respect to the proposed sale of 10% of its interest in Australia Pacific LNG Pty Ltd to EIG.
- Acted for Likewize with respect to its acquisition of Optus Insurance Services Pty Limited and 15 year exclusive supply agreement to provide device insurance and replacement services to Optus customers.
- Acted for WestConnex with respect to the sale by NSW Government of its remaining 49% interest in WestConnex to Sydney Transport Partners.
- Acted for Shell Energy Operations Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Shell, and Infrastructure Capital Group, a leading Australian infrastructure manager, on the acquisition of Meridian Energy Australia Group (comprising the Powershop energy retail business and wind, hydro and development assets) for a total consideration of circa AUD 730 million.
- Acted for Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets in respect of its acquisition of an 88% stake in the AUD 3 billion AirTrunk data centre business.
- Acted for Nathan River Resources on the rapid development of the Roper Bar iron ore project in the Northern Territory, including advising the owners of Nathan River Resources on the investment by Amur Minerals and Glencore International into the company and advising on various commercial arrangements, including on contracts for transhipment and haulage.
- Acted for the shareholders of an electricity generation company in respect of the potential sale of the company.
- Acted for a Middle Eastern sovereign wealth fund in relation to an investment into a group trust structure to acquire caravan and camping parks in the tourism and mixed-use sector in Australia and New Zealand.*
- Acted for a Middle Eastern sovereign wealth fund in relation to an investment through Australian and Cayman Islands trusts into a large Australian buyout firm.*
- Acted for a multinational professional services firm in respect of the acquisition of the business of a cyber-security company.*
- New South Wales (2020)
- Scotland (2015)
- University of Sydney (LPAB) (2020)
- University of Edinburgh (Diploma in Professional Legal Practice) (2014)
- University of Edinburgh (LLB) (2013)