Dr. Tino Marz is a counsel in the Corporate department of Baker McKenzie’s Munich office. In 2016, he worked for nine months in Baker McKenzie’s Chicago office.
Prior to joining the Firm in 2013, he served as a research assistant at the University of Leipzig, where he authored a number of publications. Tino also spent three months working as a junior lawyer in the legal department of Bosch in Singapore.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Embracer on the acquisition of several game developing studios and publishers (incl. Koch Media Group, Deca Live Operations GmbH, Zen Studios, Easybrain).
- Advised TerraNet AB on its Series A investment in German AR/XR technology developer holoride GmbH.
- Advised Tencent regarding its strategic investment in German game developing studio YAGER Development GmbH.
- Advised Devolver Digital on the acquisition of game developing studio Croteam.
- Advised Accenture on several acquisitions (incl. Prof. Homburg GmbH, alnamic AG and Kolle Rebbe GmbH).
- Advised specialty chemicals group Evonik on the sale of its methacrylates business to financial investor Advent International.
- Advised Johnson Controls on the spin-off of its automotive seating business to Adient.
- Germany (2013)
- University of Leipzig (Dr.) (2014)
- Higher Regional Court, Berlin (Assessor Exam) (2012)
- University of Leipzig (Referendar Exam) (2008)
- Cergy Pontoise University (2005)
- Co-author (with Christian Koops), "Key Employment Law Topics in Video Games M&A | Part 2: Crunch – A Legal Risk in Germany," Baker McKenzie Blog, 2 December 2020
- Co-author (with Christian Koops), "Key Employment Law Topics Tech M&A (Part 1)," Baker McKenzie Client Alert, 11 June 2020