Dr. Tino Marz is a counsel in the Corporate department of Baker McKenzie’s Munich office. In 2016, he worked for nine months in Baker McKenzie’s Chicago office.
Prior to joining the Firm in 2013, he served as a research assistant at the University of Leipzig, where he authored a number of publications. Tino also spent three months working as a junior lawyer in the legal department of Bosch in Singapore.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Embracer on the acquisition of several game developing studios and publishers (incl. Koch Media Group, Deca Live Operations GmbH, Zen Studios, Easybrain).
- Advised Devolver Digital on the acquisition of game developing studio Croteam.
- Advised Tencent regarding its strategic investment in game developing studio YAGER Development GmbH.
- Advised a global consulting and technology group regarding the acquisition of a German advertising agency.
- Advised a global consulting and technology group regarding the acquisition of a German IT consulting company.
- Advised an international security printing company regarding its international joint venture with another international security printing group.
- Advised specialty chemicals group Evonik on the sale of its methacrylates business to financial investor Advent International.
- Advised Johnson Controls on the spin-off of its automotive seating business to Adient.
- Advised the refrigeration and air conditioning specialist BITZER on a joint venture with Wurm Group.
- Advised Groupe Le Duff on the acquisition of Kamps from ECM.
- Germany (2013)
- University of Leipzig (Dr.) (2014)
- Higher Regional Court, Berlin (Assessor Exam) (2012)
- University of Leipzig (Referendar Exam) (2008)
- Cergy Pontoise University (2005)