Catherine Martougin is a partner in the Funds & Asset Management team of the Baker McKenzie Luxembourg office. She has more than 20 years' experience in business law. Prior to joining the Firm, she practiced in elite international law firms in Paris and a leading Luxembourg law firm.
Catherine represents private equity funds, real estate funds, debt and infrastructure funds and other financial institutions. She works on a range of corporate and commercial transactions, including organizational structuring and related regulatory matters (notably AIFs and AIFMs), as well as initial fund formation, complex restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, asset dispositions, secondary trades, capital raisings, real estate investments, venture capital investments, and joint venture arrangements.
- Tier 2 Firm in the Legal 500 EMEA 2021 ranking.
- Band 3 Firm in the Chambers Europe and Global 2021 rankings.
- Recognised by Chambers Europe as band 4 in the individual ranking in 2021.
- Tier 2 Firm in the IFLR1000 ranking and Highly regarded as individual.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the Executive Board, European Association of Investors in Non–Listed Real Estate Vehicles (INREV)
- Member of the Strategy working group of the Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry (ALFI)
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Luxembourg Association for Real Estate (LuxReal)
- Member of the regulatory working group of Letzblock, Luxembourg blockchain and DLT association
- Trainer at the sessions of the Institute dedicated to fund professionals, House of Training
- Member of International Bar Association (previously Conference quality officer of the Real Estate Section)
- Member of Women for Business
- Luxembourg (2006)
- Paris~France (2000)
- University of Paris II (Panthéon-Assas) (LLM LLM in International Law) (1999)
- University of Paris X (Nanterre) (LLM in International Commercial Law) (1999)
- Paris Institute of Political Studies (Bachelor in Economy and Finance) (1998)
- "Regulatory Clarification on Loan Origination Activities," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, July 2021
- "Investment Funds Legal Update," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, October 2020
- "SFDR updates and the CSSF's Fast Track Procedure," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, December 2020
- "Equity bridge financing and side letters, the hidden enemies", AGEFI Luxembourg, November 2021
- "From ESG Compliance to Impact Investing: The Extra Mile of the Real Estate Fund Industry", AGEFI Luxembourg, November 2020
- "Revisiting European Marketing Rules", Agefi, December 2019
Baker & McKenzie Luxembourg is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.