Catherine Martougin is a partner in the Funds & Asset Management team of the Baker McKenzie Luxembourg office. She has more than 17 years' experience in business law. Prior to joining the Firm, she practiced in elite international law firms in Paris and a leading Luxembourg law firm.
Ms. Martougin represents real estate funds, private equity funds, infrastructure funds, funds-of-funds, venture capital funds, sovereign wealth funds, and other financial institutions. She works on a range of corporate and commercial transactions, including organizational structuring and related regulatory matters (notably AIFs and AIFMs), as well as initial fund formation, complex restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, asset dispositions, secondary trades, capital raisings, real estate investments, venture capital investments, and joint venture arrangements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- European Association of Investors in Non-Listed Real Estate Vehicles (INREV) - Chair of the Public Affairs Committee and regular trainer for risk management
- International Bar Association - Conference Quality Officer of the Real Estate section
- Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry (ALFI) - Co-head of the Real Estate Marketing working group and member of the Strategy working group
- Luxembourg Association for Real Estate (LuxReal) - Member of the Executive Board
- House of Training (IFBL) - Speaker at the training sessions of the Institute dedicated to real estate fund professionals
- Luxembourg (2006)
- Paris~France (2000)
- University of Paris II (Panthéon-Assas) (LLM International Law) (1999)
- University of Paris X (Nanterre) (LLM International Commercial Law) (1999)
- Paris Institute of Political Studies (Bachelor Economy and Finance) (1998)
Baker & McKenzie Luxembourg is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.