Her practice covers corporate governance, corporate reorganizations, post-acquisition integrations and M&A, as well as foreign investments and commercial contracts.
She routinely advises clients on start-ups restructurings, spin-offs, mergers and acquisitions, asset or stock purchase agreements and dissolution proceedings. She is also experienced handling maquila operations matters and commercial agreements. She is well acquainted with the drafting and interpretation of complex documents, as well as with the development of strategies for more complex legal matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Led in Mexico the legal portion of the restructuring project of a global medical business, coordinating a multidisciplinary team throughout the Mexican offices.
- Advised clients of diverse industries on tax-led reorganizations in Mexico, coordinating their legal implementation.
- Drafted and negotiated logistics and transportation agreements for automotive industry client to continue operations in Mexico.
- Advised several clients in the establishment, consolidation, spin-off and closing of operations in Mexico.
- Collaborated in the drafting and negotiation of different type of agreements of companies that are part of the maquiladora industries.
- Participated in the restructuring of several companies in Mexico as part of international transactions.
- Advised in the establishment and operation in Mexico of foreign airlines.
- Advised clients on corporate compliance issues.
- Advised non-lucrative organizations in corporate governance matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa (ANADE)
Gabriela has assisted on various pro bono projects, including for the following organizations:
- Fundación Paso del Norte para la Salud y el Bienestar, A.C., which focuses on providing health care in the border of El Paso (US)-Ciudad Juarez (Mexico)
- Arte en el Parque, A.C., which promotes cultural activities in Ciudad Juarez
- Manos Capaces, A.C., which aims to provide employment to individuals of vulnerable groups
- Mexico (2005)
- King's College London (LLM) (2013)
- Universidad Autonoma de Ciudad Juárez (JD) (2005)
- "Reform to the General Law of Commercial Companies - Electronic Meetings," Legal Industry Review, 2022
- Co-author, "SAPI, Promoting Investment," IDC Corporate Legal Advisor, 2015