Jennifer Cohen is a member of the Firms' Global Real Estate Practice Group in Chicago.
Jennifer focuses on commercial real estate transactions including purchases and dispositions, leasing and real estate finance. She has represented clients in the purchase/sale, exchange, leasing and financing of varied commercial properties, including, hotels, golf courses, resorts and industrial buildings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a US-based telecommunications company regarding its global real estate portfolio.
- Advised the purchaser in the approximately USD220 million acquisition of an office building located in Chicago, Illinois.
- Advised a joint venture partner, with the controlling interest, in the acquisition of a hotel in downtown Chicago, Illinois.
- Advised the seller in connection with the sale of a five-star luxury boutique hotel in the Caribbean.
- Represented purchaser in the phased acquisition of approximately 8,000 acres of development property in Hawaii.
- Advised the purchaser of vacant land in Los Cabos, Mexico, to be developed into luxury villas adjoining an existing resort owned by an affiliate of purchaser.
- Advised the purchaser in the phased acquisition of stock to acquire the majority ownership of a five-star luxury boutique hotel in the Caribbean.
- Acted for the borrower in refinancing over USD480,000,000 in connection with its global hotel portfolio.
- Advised a global diversified industrial company regarding its real estate portfolio in connection with the divestiture of its security business.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Wisconsin~United States (2009)
- Illinois~United States (2009)
- Marquette University (J.D.) (2009)
- Bradley University (B.S. Political Science, magna cum laude) (2006)