Dominique Maes is a partner in the Corporate Finance Practice Group in the Brussels office. He joined Baker McKenzie in 1999 and has been a partner since 2009. Dominique co-heads the Corporate Practice of the Firm for the larger part of the EMEA Region and is a member of the Steering Committee of the EMEA M&A Practice Group. Dominique is mentioned consistently since many years as a leading corporate lawyer in Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, Legal 500 and IFLR (International Financial Law review).
Dominique advises clients on Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Reorganizations and Corporate Compliance & Governance. His practice focuses on M&A transactions, buy-outs, private equity transactions, corporate restructurings and general corporate issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Ingram Micro (a portfolio company of Platinum Equity) on the disposal of its Commerce & Lifecycle Services business to CMA CGM Group/Ceva Logistics.
- Aquinos on its acquisition of the bedding business of Recticel.
- Quva (the family office of Pascal Vanhalst) on its acquisitions of Abriso-Jiffy from Bencis Capital and ConDoor from Parcom Capital and Synergia.
- Ergon Capital Partners on its acquisition of Summa from Gimv.
- Westfort Capital on the disposal of 50% of the OKU Hotel Leisure Group to Alychlo.
- Dentius on the investment of Florac into Dentius.
- Carglass/Belron on the disposal of their car repair business to Standard Investment.
- Arcus Infrastructure Partners on its investments in Stockhabo and Frigologix.
- Deutsche Lufthansa on the stabilization package, alongside FPIM/SFPI (Belgian State) for Brussels Airlines.
- Fulbright Fellow and Belgian-American Educational Foundation Fellow at Duke University School of Law (1998-1999)
- Commencement Speaker at the Graduation Ceremony of Duke University School of Law (May 1999)
- Dominique Maes has been consistently ranked as a leading corporate lawyer in Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, Legal 500, IFLR (International Financial Law review) and other publications
- Dominique has been nominated Acritas Star Lawyer and is one of the Belgian winners of the Client Choice Awards
Professional Associations and Memberships
- KULeuven (Jan Ronse Instituut voor Vennootschapsrecht) - Teaching assistant in company law (2003-2010)
- Department Board for Continued Education of the Brussels Bar - Member (2005-2007)
- Board of the Flemish Young Bar Association in Brussels (Vlaams Pleitgenootschap) - Member (2003-2005)
- Duke University School of Law - Research assistant in company law (1998-1999)
- Brussels~Belgium (1999)
- Duke University School of Law (LL.M.) (1999)
- Catholic University of Leuven (Law Degree) (1998)